Condor Inca Knives

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
Producer

Condor Inca Knives

Post by Producer »

Didn't know where to put this so, here goes. Just wanted to show the two Condor Inca knives I've had for awhile.
The Blue handled one was the first purchase but when I went to get another one[ya, you know how that goes] The only results were for the shorter black one.

They were both called "Inca Knives" Both are excellent in their own right imho. I can't decide which one I like the best :)
The sheaths are really good too with only one weird thing. The retaining strap goes on the wrong side over the blade handle. It goes on the smaller side of the handle not the flanged[?] side. Not a real problem but seems like an oversight. Anyway these are real neat and thought I'd show em. Thanks, Producer
Attachments
100_1752.JPG
100_1753.JPG
100_1754.JPG
100_1755.JPG
100_1756.JPG
100_1757.JPG
100_1758.JPG
I never met a Schrade I didn't like
313 Mike

Re: Condor Inca Knives

Post by 313 Mike »

Very interesting Producer...almost bordering on being a machete instead of a knife. What is the purpose of the oval shaped hole in the blade?
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Producer

Post by Producer »

313 Mike wrote:Very interesting Producer...almost bordering on being a machete instead of a knife. What is the purpose of the oval shaped hole in the blade?
Blue is about 12.5" blade, 17.5" overall length.
Black is about a 10.5" blade and 15.5" overall .

I'm not sure what the oval hole is for.
You're right, though, they are pretty darn big for "knives" :shock:
Thanks, Producer
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Producer wrote:
313 Mike wrote:Very interesting Producer...almost bordering on being a machete instead of a knife. What is the purpose of the oval shaped hole in the blade?
Blue is about 12.5" blade, 17.5" overall length.
Black is about a 10.5" blade and 15.5" overall .

I'm not sure what the oval hole is for.
You're right, though, they are pretty darn big for "knives" :shock:
Thanks, Producer
Well, I bet they would function quite well in the role of a Bushwhacker!
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

ABOUT CONDOR TOOL & KNIFE...
CONDOR Tool and Knife traces its proud history back to 1787, the year Gebr. Weyersberg Company was founded in Solingen Germany.

The quality of the swords, military knives, agricultural tools and household cutlery that they manufactured made Solingen the cutlery capital of the world. Over the generations, the world’s largest manufacturer of swords and knives found it necessary to expand its operations to other countries to better serve its customers.

In 1964 the company built a new plant in Santa Ana, El Salvador and filled it with state of the art German equipment. Some of the original local employees who were sent back to Solingen for extensive training forty-six years ago are still working in the factory today turning out the finest quality machetes, shovels and other hand tools.

Condor Tool & Knife’s parent company, Imacasa was formed in the 1980’s when the company decided to sell the Central and South America operations to local investors. Today, they are one of the largest machete manufacturers in the world operating 24 hours, 7 days a week to fill an increasing worldwide demand of its products.

In 2004 Imacasa decided to develop a first quality line of knives and tools for the North American and European outdoor markets. Condor Tool & Knife was born.
They describe the knives you posted as "Camp Knives".
AAPK Janitor
junebug

Post by junebug »

they call it " THE EYE OF THE CONDOR"........JUST A TRADEMARK REALLY...LIKE THE "spyderco hole",i guess...........

here is what several places say about them online in the description....
The Bolo Machete from Condor Tool and Knife traces its proud history back to 1787, the year Gerb Weyesburg Company was founded in Solingen, Germany. The hole in the blade adds strength through the distribution of force acting on the the blade, and is used for hanging the knife on a wall for storage.

seen somewhere......when i was researchin the company...........where some guys use it to help making it into a IMPROVISED "draw knife".....with adding paracord lanyard or wood handle in hole.......

i really like condor K&T CO. ::nod::
STILL HAVE 2 FIXED BLADES ::tu::
CHEAP...AND GREAT SHEATHS(mine are THICK brown leather-pouch style) ::tu::

cool camp knives 8) 8)
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Producer

Post by Producer »

Thanks Junebug.
I like them too. They feel like they will last forever.

The sheaths are exceptional, other than the retainer snap direction which isn't a big deal, the sheaths are incredebly thick and well made.
I could rip the retainer snaps off and run through the jungle and there's no way either one of them is falling out.

:)

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”