A Viking Sword

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

A Viking Sword

Post by Quick Steel »

[image]
P1010230.JPG
[/image]
P1010232.JPG

An accurate replica of a Viking sword found near an English castle. Some say it was found in the moat, others in a nearby river. IMO it is an excellent rendition. I think a Viking would be pleased. Most of them did not have swords. They were more into axes and spears; less expensive than a sword.
The scabbard does not match the quality of the sword itself. But this helped to keep the price down.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: A Viking Sword

Post by Colonel26 »

That's awesome. Real nice. From all I've read those Viking swords were real bad battle weapons.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you Colonel. It is a one handed sword and it has enough weight to it that any Viking regularly using it must have had some well developed biceps.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Neat sword. It looks at least 20" long.
Joe
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

FRJ wrote:Neat sword. It looks at least 20" long.
From guard to tip is 29 3/4 '' with the handle being about 5 1/5". Many Japanese style swords have about the same length of blade but have much longer handles; they are classically used with two hands.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

::tu::
Joe

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”