I have been thinking about a Cold Steel Sword Cane.

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
Captain O

I have been thinking about a Cold Steel Sword Cane.

Post by Captain O »

Cold Steel makes a decent Sword Cane and Budk has them at $94.00 + shipping. Something like this would make a great "traveling companion" south of the border. Virtually undetectable, The way that I dress (sports coat, slacks, Panama hat, dress shoes) tends to make the cane look as if it is a necessity. (I'm good at faking a limp). ::mdm:: ::hmm::

Does anyone have any experience with Cold Steel's Sword Cane? ::undecided::
mrwatch

Re: I have been thinking about a Cold Steel Sword Cane.

Post by mrwatch »

No experience but a migrant worker murdered his roommate in my county a couple of years ago with a sword cane. I believe it is a felony in Michigan to carry one on the streets? maybe as a wall hanger display piece.
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

I think they're illegal in most of the USA. I've held one and it seemed to be of good quality. Still not worth going to jail and court over. They are some more on the internet that are nice too. I seen one with a dogs head handle that looked to be of good quality. I also think if you are looking for an illegal edged weapon then look into Russian balistic knife. The knife that shoots like a gun and again illegal.

Monte
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I have one. Picked it on Taiwan in early '66 while there on R&R. It's anything but quality. Just a tourist thing. As has been mentioned, they are illegal in most states. If you often or even occasionally find yourself in situations where all these sharp edged devices would come in handy for self defense, maybe you should give some consideration to changing your lifestyle.
Attachments
DSC08311.JPG
DSC08312.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

They're legal here only with a CCDW license.

Seriously man, if your area is that dangerous you need to leave. No knife is a good first choice defensive weapon. You need a hand gun.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I have bought this one by United for $40. It's very solid and came razor sharp. They're legal carry here (FL) with my concealed carry permit.
UnitedCane011.jpg
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Captain O you mention "south of the border." My view is that life is too short to carry any weapon, legal or otherwise, across an international border. Certainly not without all needed permits from the hosting countries you will be travelling to and from.

Instruction is given for using a regular cane as a defensive tool. But training and practice are needed. Frankly, if someone has me at knife or gun point I will yield my wallet without a challenge. My wallet will not contain my drivers lcense or active credit cards. I will have an inactivated/cancelled card and some cash so as not to get the felon too angry. Others will no doubt have other views based on their own skills and philosophy. Personally I like Clint Eastwood's philosophy: "A man has got to know his limitations."
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Waz, delete the 's' from https.
wazu013 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc[/youtube]
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Thanks again Jerry :roll:
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

It's an OCD thing. That's also my favorite part of that movie.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

jerryd6818 wrote:It's an OCD thing. That's also my favorite part of that movie.
I slid a different video in for variety's sake.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

The Indiana Jones stuff is stupid. No person is going to pull anything even remotely that moronic. The analogy is without merit. ::facepalm::
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Which one of you is willing to accompany me on my trip to Tijuana? (It isn't expensive, you can save your money and join me if you like). I know my way around town and to the Bullring By The Sea (It is beautiful on a late summer's afternoon). Tickets to the bullfights are about $50 for 1,2 and 3 rings up from the sand on the shady side of the stadium. The tacos ar the best in the city (I know where to go) and the hotels are okay about $40.00 per night at the Hotel Caesar. (The birthplace of the world famous Caesar salad on July 4th, 1924). If you go to the major tourist attractions and stay away from the "Zona Norte" (red-light district) go to the museum(s) and other nice places, it is safer than New York City, and a damned sight safer than Chicago!

How are most big American cities working out for everyone? No takers? I see. The minute you feel as if you can make my travel any safer, you just let me know.

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”