Holy Cow I'm a "SHARP THING" Hoarder

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
rarefish383

Holy Cow I'm a "SHARP THING" Hoarder

Post by rarefish383 »

Since finding this site a couple days ago, I started taking inventory of my knives and other sharp stuff. In my gun room, in my knife drawer, I have over 30 knives. Hanging on the wall are two sabers. One a prized gift I received when I was about 10, I'm 61 now. A German officers saber with Eagle and Swastika. The other is a turn of the last century US Calvary saber. On my loading bench is another gift, a friends wife gave me after he passed, a real Indian Kukri. She also gave me one of his M1 Garands, that's for another forum. In the kitchen I have Rapala, Fiskars, and Imperial fillet knives. A couple weeks ago, when I started cleaning my garage, I found my old Plumb Double that I used to throw. That got me looking for my other doubles. Found five, haven't started on the shed where my good singles are, and a couple more hatchets. On the outside of the shed are hanging an old crosscut saw, a scythe, and a 4' long "thing" that I think my Dad said was for cutting sugar cane. It has two handles and a wide heavy blade with six or eight teeth, that are not sharpened. I also have a little ring knife that Dad said was for cutting tobacco, maybe it was cotton? I'd hate to use that thing for hours, and days, on end. If you can get in my shed I have at least 20 chainsaws that range from 70cc's to 180cc's, probably 10-15 more smaller ones I don't consider collectible. I'll be in the garage and shed cleaning today, so the list will grow. Do I have enough stuff to start my own reality show? Forgot to mention toy trains and pedal cars, Joe.
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Holy Cow I'm a "SHARP THING" Hoarder

Post by deo-pa »

You're not alone Joe, it's a vice with a long history.

Dennis
Attachments
hoarding.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

If you feel you must label me, I prefer to be called an accumulator. ::huff::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
rarefish383

Post by rarefish383 »

Hey, I think I have that guy's skull. I collect skulls too. I have Sea Turtle, before they were endangered, Raccoon, Wild Boar, Deer. Ratz, I collect every thing. I was looking at my old trains and one of the men on a pump car was missing. One of my kids took him off his car and stuck him in the jaws of the coon skull. Looked like one of those old sci-fi movies with the fake creature eating a man, Joe.
rarefish383

Post by rarefish383 »

Just came in for lunch. In about three hours in the garage I found an old double edge razor, the kind I learned to shave with, a Gerber folder, and an old key chain knife with 3 pad lock keys on it. Sure there's more out there, Joe.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

rarefish383 wrote:Since finding this site a couple days ago, I started taking inventory of my knives and other sharp stuff. In my gun room, in my knife drawer, I have over 30 knives. Hanging on the wall are two sabers. One a prized gift I received when I was about 10, I'm 61 now. A German officers saber with Eagle and Swastika. The other is a turn of the last century US Calvary saber. On my loading bench is another gift, a friends wife gave me after he passed, a real Indian Kukri. She also gave me one of his M1 Garands, that's for another forum. In the kitchen I have Rapala, Fiskars, and Imperial fillet knives. A couple weeks ago, when I started cleaning my garage, I found my old Plumb Double that I used to throw. That got me looking for my other doubles. Found five, haven't started on the shed where my good singles are, and a couple more hatchets. On the outside of the shed are hanging an old crosscut saw, a scythe, and a 4' long "thing" that I think my Dad said was for cutting sugar cane. It has two handles and a wide heavy blade with six or eight teeth, that are not sharpened. I also have a little ring knife that Dad said was for cutting tobacco, maybe it was cotton? I'd hate to use that thing for hours, and days, on end. If you can get in my shed I have at least 20 chainsaws that range from 70cc's to 180cc's, probably 10-15 more smaller ones I don't consider collectible. I'll be in the garage and shed cleaning today, so the list will grow. Do I have enough stuff to start my own reality show? Forgot to mention toy trains and pedal cars, Joe.
Why so few knives? Not too late to start. I guess "over 30" is a sorta kinda start. :D Welcome!
rarefish383

Post by rarefish383 »

I guess it's perspective, and size matters. When I had 8 cars it drove my wife nuts, now I'm down to just the Cuda, and she's happy. When I said I needed a third gun safe it was OK, can't see it from the kitchen. So, I guess I could put several hundred pocket knives in that one drawer? I'm good to go with bringing more in the house, Joe. :D

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”