Walmart recall

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
mrwatch

Walmart recall

Post by mrwatch »

Walmart is recalling about 246,000 axes sold nationwide because the product's head can detach from the handle, potentially causing injury.

The retailing giant has received two reports of axe heads coming off their handles, resulting in minor cuts and abrasions, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/walmart-ax ... llion-axe/
XX Case XX

Re: Walmart recall

Post by XX Case XX »

Wow, that could be very dangerous indeed. Can you imaging getting hit with that giant chunk of steel? Even if you only got hit with the back end it would do serious damage let alone the sharp end. Thanks for posting. ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

mrwatch wrote:Walmart is recalling about 246,000 axes sold nationwide because the product's head can detach from the handle, potentially causing injury.

The retailing giant has received two reports of axe heads coming off their handles, resulting in minor cuts and abrasions, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.

That is where the saying "FLYING OFF THE HANDLE" came from !!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

delete
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

mrwatch wrote:Walmart is recalling about 246,000 axes sold nationwide because the product's head can detach from the handle, potentially causing injury.

How times change. When I was a kid everyone knew about the danger of axe and hammer heads flying off the handle. Folks just banged the wedges tight every now and then, and tried not to stand in front of someone using an axe.
Mel
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.........more "forren" crap!!!!............ ::td:: .................
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Dinadan wrote:

How times change. When I was a kid everyone knew about the danger of axe and hammer heads flying off the handle. Folks just banged the wedges tight every now and then, and tried not to stand in front of someone using an axe.
And besides knowing the potential danger, soaked the heads periodically in a bucket of linseed oil to swell the wood handles and keep them tight.

We also didn't live in today's over-litigious society, having an over-abundance of lawyers willing to file any case, no matter how ridiculous, on the chance they might get a settlement from which they'll take a significant cut as payment. Personal responsibility is a thing of the past. Everyone is a victim and someone else is to blame. ::dang::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

carrmillus wrote:.........more "forren" crap!!!!............ ::td:: .................
My thought EXACTLY!!

::td::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Knife Nut
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Knife Nut »

Well what do you expect from a 8 dollar hatchet made in India and sold at Walmart?

Paul
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

like the JEEP LIBERTY CL. weld recall. ::woot::

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”