Whattayawant for fiftycents?

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
knife7knut

Whattayawant for fiftycents?

Post by knife7knut »

Picked these up today at the local flea market.When I first saw them sitting on a table I thought they might be for a SCUBA diver judging by the shape of the sheath and the way they are held into it.Pulled them out and they looked like they had rust on the blades.Turned out it just some substance that easily was cleaned.
Marked,"HydroFarm" with a water spigot dripping between the two words,they have a slide lock that releases the spring loaded blades.The blades are a gold color and marked "Titanium" so I think they are coated with titanium nitride. They are magnetic so they aren't made of titanium.
The blades have a slight curve to them and are VERY sharp.
I Googled the name and came up with a rather large company that deals in hydroponic gardening and farming supplies. I tried looking through some of their products but gave up as there are way too many.So I guess they ill remain a mystery for the present.
Attachments
HydroFarmTitaniumNippers50cents 001.jpg
HydroFarmTitaniumNippers50cents 002.jpg
HydroFarmTitaniumNippers50cents 003.jpg
HydroFarmTitaniumNippers50cents 005.jpg
HydroFarmTitaniumNippers50cents 006.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Whattayawant for fiftycents?

Post by treefarmer »

I don't suppose you want to double your money, do you? ::poke::
Those would be great for doing just what they were designed for!
Can't beat a good flea market find. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I cut my toenails with a pair of ARS snips that look similar which we originally bought for trimming sheep hooves, but a different brand was ultimately chosen (actually, a plain old hoof knife, made by Morakniv). They work pretty good, and are the only thing I can reach my toes easily, and cut my thick and hard toenails.

With that holster, they're good for just about any work (gardening especially), hunting, or fishing. Hydrofarm makes stuff for hydroponic growing.Presumbably, it's for something like that, but the holster looks a little too much like a dive knife sheath.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

cody6268 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:20 am
With that holster, they're good for just about any work (gardening especially), hunting, or fishing. Hydrofarm makes stuff for hydroponic growing.Presumbably, it's for something like that, but the holster looks a little too much like a dive knife sheath.
That is what I thought when I first saw them.The sheath is marked with the Hydro Farm logo as well and they fit perfectly into it.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Here you go, those look like the $17.95 pair in the catalog: https://www.hydrofarm.com/Catalog/rvdsfpvn/2
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

treefarmer wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:01 am Here you go, those look like the $17.95 pair in the catalog: https://www.hydrofarm.com/Catalog/rvdsfpvn/2
Treefarmer
Thank you so much for finding that my friend;I've got to hone my search skills. ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

knife7knut wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:00 am Picked these up today at the local flea market.When I first saw them sitting on a table I thought they might be for a SCUBA diver judging by the shape of the sheath and the way they are held into it.Pulled them out and they looked like they had rust on the blades.Turned out it just some substance that easily was cleaned.
Marked,"HydroFarm" with a water spigot dripping between the two words,they have a slide lock that releases the spring loaded blades.The blades are a gold color and marked "Titanium" so I think they are coated with titanium nitride. They are magnetic so they aren't made of titanium.
The blades have a slight curve to them and are VERY sharp.
I Googled the name and came up with a rather large company that deals in hydroponic gardening and farming supplies. I tried looking through some of their products but gave up as there are way too many.So I guess they ill remain a mystery for the present.
Just came across your post, and I can tell you, these "clippers" are used to clip the outside leaves off of cannabis plants! Used em' many times! 8)
8)

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”