Need ID Help

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
carolinahillbilly

Need ID Help

Post by carolinahillbilly »

I am going through the knives my father left me. This site has been amazing on answering my questions about a lot of the knives I got from my father. However, I have been stumped by this one. It appears to possibly have been a knife at one time but the blade is not a sharpen blade. It looks to be a "pick" of some type. There are no markings or stamps on this item. Appears to be silver. I do not know any info on age and I have asked my older brother and he has no clue. Any help on identifying this item would be great.

Jim
UNK-PK-C-03.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Need ID Help

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Appears to be an old fruit knife. Most were silver or silver plated. You are correct about the “pick”, which was used for picking seeds from fruit (think oranges, for example). Fairly common in 19th to early 20th century. Most had two blades. One was the pick, the other a sharper blade for cutting and peeling the fruit. They’re not worth much, an advanced search of sold listings for fruit knives on eBay will give you some idea of value.

Welcome to AAPK.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
carolinahillbilly

Re: Need ID Help

Post by carolinahillbilly »

Ken,

Thanks for the information. I did a quick ebay check and found a few.

Also did a closer inspection on the fruit pick there is an empty slot in the handle where the knife blade would have been. No telling what happened. Just another mystery of life. Thanks for the information.

Jim

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”