Rock Bowl

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Rock Bowl

Post by kennedy knives »

My Wife's stepfather left this to me I believe it's what was used to grind corn .???
Attachments
IMG_3712.JPG
samb1955

Re: Rock Bowl

Post by samb1955 »

I'd like something like that to eat my Captain Crunch out of.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

It doesn't look used, or worked by man, maybe not an artifact. Most metates (rocks corn is ground on) are fairly flat and large and anything used for grinding should have a very smooth surface where the grinding occurred.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Generally, they're a bit wider and like Gunsil said, they usually have a flat, smooth bottom. Kind of like this.

"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

XX Case XX wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:13 am Generally, they're a bit wider and like Gunsil said, they usually have a flat, smooth bottom. Kind of like this.

Thanks Mike when I got it it had a stone in it kind of like the one you show that my kids broke. I'm not sure what it was used for . Maybe for mixing their dye for war paint ::nod:: who knows just glad I got some comments. ::handshake:: Still pretty interesting . It weighs about 50 lbs heavy . Thanks Gunsil

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”