Deja Vu

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Deja Vu

Post by Quick Steel »

It's been a couple of years since I have shown this. The sword is from Hanwei and is a replica of a WWII Japanese Colonel's sword. Each raank had a different color. The color for a Colonel was brown.
P1020348 (2).JPG
P1020352.JPG
P1020353 (4).JPG
P1020354 (3).JPG
kootenay joe

Re: Deja Vu

Post by kootenay joe »

That is a beauty. Is there a Japanese name for this pattern ? How long is blade ?
Although a 'replica' it is my understanding that the HanWei blades are tempered to be fully functional.
Keep it near your entrance way and intruders beware. You could probably stack 3 of them on this blade.
kj
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

KJ, The blade is 28"; the handle is 9". Although heavily decorated serving as an insignia of rank, it is fully functional as are my other Hanwei katanas. Many Japanese swords shown at gun shows and elsewhere are wall hangers, i.e. meant to serve as decorative pieces. Not so the Hanwei blades. I have done considerable cutting with my blades and their performance is excellent from the least expensive to the most.

Glad you asppeciate the sword.
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

Very nice sword.
No deja vu for me, as I don’t remember it from the first time.
Thanks for sharing.
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

QS, a most wonderful sword. I must have missed this one the first one ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks QS. I appreciate all HanWei products. I have one HanWei sword, a Dadao, i think intended to decapitate. I also have a few Hanwei fixed blades and folders and every one is as top notch as knives get. They are a of Wm. Henry class but more sturdy and more usable.
Perhaps you will post pictures of your other HanWei swords plus a group picture ?
kj
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you all for your comments. dog, this was posted about 2 and a half years ago.

kj, I have the darndest time trying to take decent photos of swords. As for a group photo, in order to get them all in the shot my little camera will shoot them so far away that very little detail will be shown. Nevertheless kj, you have given me a challenge and I'm going to attempt some new photos.

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”