CLYDE CUTLERY PRUNERS

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
Ridgegrass

CLYDE CUTLERY PRUNERS

Post by Ridgegrass »

A pair of super, well made pruners from CLYDE CUTLERY, Clyde, OH. These were my grandparents', then my parents, now mine. I'm 74 so who knows how old they are. CLYDE also made pocketknives into the 30's and may still be in business, (since 1850).
The construction is typical old American quality, solid forgings, metal straps that extend down the handles. I routinely cut 1 inch thick limbs, green or dead, easily. The cutter blade is thick and sharp. J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_2602.jpg
IMG_2603.JPG
IMG_2604.jpg
IMG_2605.jpg
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: CLYDE CUTLERY PRUNERS

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Ridgegrass wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:01 pm A pair of super, well made pruners from CLYDE CUTLERY, Clyde, OH. These were my grandparents', then my parents, now mine. I'm 74 so who knows how old they are. CLYDE also made pocketknives into the 30's and may still be in business, (since 1850).
The construction is typical old American quality, solid forgings, metal straps that extend down the handles. I routinely cut 1 inch thick limbs, green or dead, easily. The cutter blade is thick and sharp. J.O'.
Wow, those old pruners definitely look like they could do the job! And as you have stated, they have been doing it for many generations.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

I've got the same exact pair of pruners.
I picked them up at a flea market 40 years ago and they still get the job done! ::tu::
Tim
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

OC: They are very well made.

Beavertail: That's great. Old stuff rules!

J.O'.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Those are great!!! I love old tools and those are a good 'ol "Made in the USA" classic. ::tu::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”