Throwing knife

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
Rumcajs

Throwing knife

Post by Rumcajs »

Hello,

I need your help!

I'm looking for a throwing knife/knives that would last a while but wasn't terribly expensive, I know that you guys are experts on the subject and can give me some suggestions (I'm thinking of some niche companies, like DiaSam). I bought some random throwing knives on eBay for 3 bucks but one got lost (it got stuck so deep that I couldn't find it), 2nd has no tip and 3rd is not in usable condition. It is very pleasing to throw my SKR cold steel. It is big, heavy, and well-balanced but I am afraid that one day I will take it out and it will have no tip like the ones from eBay. I like cold steel pro balance knives, they have everything I need and appearance (in my opinion they are quite nice), size, and carbon steel. The only thing I don't like about them is the price. I don't really see paying $50 for a throwing knife that will be used quite intensively and is very likely to bend, break, or get lost.

So, if you know any knives at a good price, fairly large, durable, and proven, then please let me know!
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Throwing knife

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I was using Condor throwing knives a few years ago. I had some unused stashed away then I moved packed them away and never got around to setting up a knife throwing backstop for them. Let me look in garage and maybe dig them out.
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
rarefish383

Post by rarefish383 »

I used to throw knives and axes at mountain man rendezvous'. Once I learned how to throw a Bowie, I never wanted to throw anything else, except maybe hatchets, and I never broke one.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I have saved a couple of hollow core doors for target stops in my back yard time to start throwing my tomahawks and knives again.... ::nod::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”