Old Marble's Gladstone,Mi. Double bit axes

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
Tgibbs59

Old Marble's Gladstone,Mi. Double bit axes

Post by Tgibbs59 »

I have a question about old Marble's Gladstone Mi. Double bit axes . I know all of us have seen #15 double bits throughout the years, but, has anyone ever seen or been told of a slightly larger double bit than a #15, with no number, only the Marbles Gladstone Mi stamp(depression era),that is a#14?, I have seen only one in my life,and belongs to a very long time trader friend I have known for 40 years,he in turn bought it from one of his long time trader friends , probably 30 years ago.i have looked at it several times and it is right as rain.it has never been cleaned or polished and has a sheath with the snaps that have "Marble's" stamp.thank you all
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Old Marble's Gladstone,Mi. Double bit axes

Post by 1967redrider »

From Dunathan's book, hope you can read his charts.
Attachments
IMG_20220524_233259742.jpg
IMG_20220524_233705670.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Tgibbs59

Post by Tgibbs59 »

Thank you so much for the catalog photo! I had been looking online for one and couldn't find one,so thanks again!
Tgibbs59

Post by Tgibbs59 »

One more question about the #14 Marble's Gladstone Mi double bit axe,am I wrong that it looked bigger than the #15 with no number stamp? Thank you again

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”