how to find arrowheads?

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
Dave O

Re: how to find arrowheads?

Post by Dave O »

I have looked for Arrow Heads all my life around my boyhood home in Central So. Utah. They are everywhere if you have good karma. If you can find water or a living area or a Trap(We have ancient Anteleope traps on the Awapa Plateau. You can see them from Google Earth)

Here is a photo of a small cave I frequent a few times a year. A friend wounded a deer, and it led us right past the entrance. I suspect I am the first White man to see it!
Attachments
Boys trip 2012 005.jpg
gringo

Post by gringo »

beautiful...possible to see any photos of the diamond object in the background...the white pigment?
Dave O

Post by Dave O »

This is slightly better, but I have better at home. I am on my work computer at the present..
Attachments
Boys trip 2012 005.jpg
gringo

Post by gringo »

thanks dave...i found a site out near sedona...old...painted wall has a diamond shape...oddest rock art i ever saw...white pigment outline...seperated into quarters, some orange/red use to fill...an a pretty yellow for one of the quarters...
mike2012

Post by mike2012 »

high ground close to water, a river, and where two creeks or rivers come together
Phin Spencer

Post by Phin Spencer »

Nice cave painting..... Deer looks like it is alive, what do you think the
2 similar paintings are on the upper left are? They look almost ......?
Always like cave paintings, Here in San Diego County, they are all on
the desert side, good place to look for artifacts!
Phin

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”