A Whatsit

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
radiowizard

A Whatsit

Post by radiowizard »

I found this a few weeks ago on my property up by Baldwin, MI. Looks a little too symmetrical to be formed by nature. 2" long, 1" high, and about 3/4" thick. Kind of grayish brown with a few pinkish spots. Maybe nothing of import for all I know.
RadioWizard
Attachments
IMG_20200526_214708714[1].jpg
IMG_20200526_214811595[1].jpg
tongueriver

Re: A Whatsit

Post by tongueriver »

I assume that it is a stone. If there are no similar stones anywhere in the vicinity, it could be a dinosaur gastrolith or gizzard stone.
radiowizard

Post by radiowizard »

It was found in stones that were put down for drainage of the rain gutter on our vacation place. I've found nothing else like it. A few Petoskey stones, but nothing else comes close to this thing. I don't know any geologists, but there might be one at Hope College in Holland, MI. Not sure if they teach it there. There are a few other colleges/universities that may help.
RW
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Are you sure it’s not river rock? I’ve seen river gravel and river rocks in so many different shapes and colors I couldn’t begin to count them all. Regardless what the basic shape was, water, and tumbling in a river, will round off the corners and edges.

Ken
Attachments
River rock
River rock
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
radiowizard

Post by radiowizard »

Could easy be. The surface is not smooth. Just curious if it was kind of small tool head. Matters not. Keeping it with my unpolished Petoskey stones.
RW
edgy46

Post by edgy46 »

Welcome to AAPK ::handshake::
An uncontrolled accumulator. ::shrug::
Bill

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”