German Bayonet

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Ridgegrass

German Bayonet

Post by Ridgegrass »

I did a couple songs for an old friend's memorial when he passed on. His wife gave me a box of around sixty knives. Many of them are Asian but about twenty are Bucks, Imperials and Kershaws. This Weyersberg & Kirschbaum & Co., Solingen bayonet was included. It bears no swastika and the pile side has a federal-style shield with an enclosed star and a three ring symbol like an old Ballantine beer logo. Blade is about a foot long, It's in perfect condition and has a metal scabbard and rosewood scales. Not my thing but a nice gift anyway. J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_4167.jpg
IMG_4169.jpg
IMG_4170.jpg
zzyzzogeton

Re: German Bayonet

Post by zzyzzogeton »

M1895 for the 7mm Mauser used by Chile.

Made from 1895 to 1901.

The 3 interconnected circles are a trademark of Krupp (Kroop) Steel, the supplier of the blade steel.

The shield stamp is the Chilean Army stamp.

If I remember correctly, the "A" in the serial number indicates it was made in 1895. I have seen "A" through "F".
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Great info. Thanks a bunch. It's unused, no edge, traces of cosmoline. Hope I don't develop another addiction! J.O'.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That’s very nice!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”