Taylor Eye Witness Fighting knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
JonTerry

Taylor Eye Witness Fighting knife

Post by JonTerry »

Hi Guys would like to knoiw a little more about this Knife I aquired recently.

Any info would be great, not the usual type I collect but it came with a bunch of other stuff.

Cheers

JT
Attachments
Taylor Eye Witness.jpg
You do not have a soul, you are a soul, what you have is a body
313 Mike

Re: Taylor Eye Witness Fighting knife

Post by 313 Mike »

I don't know anything about your knife, but I really like the looks of it. The stacked leather handle, the guard, the symmetry of the blade, the patina, the lack of unnecessary embellishments. Very pleasing to the eye, and looks like it was made for business.
::tu::

There is some good info on this site, I think I found your knife pictured and listed partway down under "hunting and sheath knives". It says stag handle but the pic shows stacked leather like yours.

https://www.ammoandguncollector.com/201 ... g.html?m=1
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Cheers Mike,

Yep thats defo the one, I've done a little research and apparently they were favoured by USA and British Paratroopers during WW2, I guess they were better than whatever they were issued with ???

JT
BryanJ

Post by BryanJ »

I have what looks like the same knife made by Southern & Richardson, Sheffield, England. I read somewhere that these knives were called “D-Day” knives (don’t remember where I read that) but that they were bought commercially in England by troops headed for the invasion. Your knife looks to be in much better shape than mine, and I have been looking for a sheath for years, with no luck.
Attachments
EA300174-90EE-441C-BC90-BF73233310C8.jpeg
A0A97DF9-FD33-4A31-9FFB-F8C4BF932191.jpeg
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

BryanJ wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:12 pm I have what looks like the same knife made by Southern & Richardson, Sheffield, England. I read somewhere that these knives were called “D-Day” knives (don’t remember where I read that) but that they were bought commercially in England by troops headed for the invasion. Your knife looks to be in much better shape than mine, and I have been looking for a sheath for years, with no luck.
That sounds about right, try these guys for the Sheath, they are one of the last Genuine Knife makers in Sheffield, they supplied me with a Piggy Back Sheath for my Childhood "Cut my Way Kanaroo set"

Heres a link to thier website

https://www.sheffield-made.com/
BryanJ

Post by BryanJ »

Thanks for the info. I sent them an email. I took a screen shot of your photo because your sheath looks correct. Thanks

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”