Bayonet identification

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Bayonet identification

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I am hoping that maybe someone will be able to recognize and identify these bayonets. They are both the same, 14 7/8" overall with a 9 7/8" blade. There is a marking stamped on the metal part of the handle "AS.FA", and a marking on the wood part of the handle "FS". The main portion of the scabbard is metal with a leather belt loop hanger. Both have what appears to be a serial number on the handle.
IMG_4401.JPG
IMG_4402.JPG
IMG_4403.JPG
IMG_4399.JPG
IMG_4400.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Bayonet identification

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I should have also shown a picture of how it mounts of the rifle, below.
IMG_4404.JPG
Samb

Post by Samb »

Look like they go on a Mauser but no idea who made them.
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

For the M1893 and M1903 Turkish 8mm Mausers.

AS.FA is short for Askari Fabrika, or "military factory".
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

zzyzzogeton wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:42 am For the M1893 and M1903 Turkish 8mm Mausers.

AS.FA is short for Askari Fabrika, or "military factory".
Does anyone collect these or are they worth anything?
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

First a correction to about my post, since I can't edit a correction in. That should be M1905 not M1903.

Yes, there are folks out there who collect them. On fleabay, they usually bring $30 to $50 DOC and whether they have the scabbard and/or frog. Sometimes more if you have 2 or more idiots fighting over one.

My max bid on those would be $35@ based on the amount of rust on the scabbards and bayonets and the damage to the frogs. The fact that the bayos have frog is a plus, but one appears to have a warped hanger and the other one has a rough appearance to the frog's belly (my term for the pouch part that the bayo slides down into).
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

zzyzzogeton wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:42 am First a correction to about my post, since I can't edit a correction in. That should be M1905 not M1903.

Yes, there are folks out there who collect them. On fleabay, they usually bring $30 to $50 DOC and whether they have the scabbard and/or frog. Sometimes more if you have 2 or more idiots fighting over one.

My max bid on those would be $35@ based on the amount of rust on the scabbards and bayonets and the damage to the frogs. The fact that the bayos have frog is a plus, but one appears to have a warped hanger and the other one has a rough appearance to the frog's belly (my term for the pouch part that the bayo slides down into).
Thanks for your info.

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”