Help can't find Collins Bolo Horn Handle

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Help can't find Collins Bolo Horn Handle

Post by kennedy knives »

I've looked on the web in books and can't find it HELP ::hmm::
Attachments
IMG_0628.JPG
IMG_0630.JPG
IMG_0631.JPG
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Help can't find Collins Bolo Horn Handle

Post by bestgear »

Gary - On page 66-67 in Daniel Edward's book on Collins Machete's and Bowie's, your tang stamp is the "LOGO-SPANISH-ORIGIN-ADDED" marking and says: At some period in in the early 1920's to mid-1930's trade requirements from some Latin American countries mandated that imported machetes be marked or identified showing the country of origin. On Collin's machetes these "origin" markings took three forms and it is not known what order they were introduced. Yours is the second marking 100%. Hope this helps! Tom ::handshake::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

bestgear wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:21 pm Gary - On page 66-67 in Daniel Edward's book on Collins Machete's and Bowie's, your tang stamp is the "LOGO-SPANISH-ORIGIN-ADDED" marking and says: At some period in in the early 1920's to mid-1930's trade requirements from some Latin American countries mandated that imported machetes be marked or identified showing the country of origin. On Collin's machetes these "origin" markings took three forms and it is not known what order they were introduced. Yours is the second marking 100%. Hope this helps! Tom ::handshake::
Thanks Tom I couldn't find it nowhere:: handshake:: could you post a picture of the pages I don't have that book
Gary
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

kennedy knives wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:00 pmcould you post a picture of the pages
no problem Gary .... I have blood lines to the Collins family and I have a few machetes and bowies from the factory in Connecticut .... I added the super hard-to-find book to my collection from the Gator Show about 5-years ago.
Attachments
Collins Bolo-Splint Tang Stamp.JPG
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

bestgear wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:28 pm
kennedy knives wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:00 pmcould you post a picture of the pages
no problem Gary .... I have blood lines to the Collins family and I have a few machetes and bowies from the factory in Connecticut .... I added the super hard-to-find book to my collection from the Gator Show about 5-years ago.
Thanks again will have to find that book ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::handshake::

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”