Current US Military Pocketknife?

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
usmc69

Re: Current US Military Pocketknife?

Post by usmc69 »

ConservativeKnives wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:56 pm I have a brother currently serving in the USMC. He has told me that they aren't issued a pocket knife. They are issued a Kabar USMC Fighter Fixed blade if they are going on patrol or across the wire. This may differ from Army,USAF,etc
I can only speak for the time period of 1969-1993 for certainty. As far as pocket knives go the Corps issued the TL-28 and TL-29 to those who needed them. The infantry and office staff did not need them, only wiremen, combat engineers, and air wing pukes(that was me) got them. I have several of each type. TL-29's are black handled two bladed knives Ione is a knife blade and the other a blade that ends in a common screwdriver tip). The TL-28 is a three bladed knife(one is a knife blade, one is a common screwdriver with bottle opener and the third is a can opener). The TL-28 goes back as far as WW II,and then they were marked "U.S.MARINE CORPS". The issue TL-28's when I was in the Corps were only marked "U.S." Staff NCO's were issued K-Bars made by Camillus.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Old Hunter wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:54 am ...We had a big problem with US Army Customs in bringing back knives ...
I can attest to that! I was in Iraq and Afghanistan as an adviser/trainer under the DOD and there were problems bringing home, automatic knives, blades over 6", bayonets etc... they could not be mailed via the APO system... What happened to the fraise "living in a free country" I know we need rules to have order, believe me I know that....but nowadays look around... ::paranoid:: ... what is happening to the American way of thinking? ::skeptic::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::tu:: I think that a Leatherman Rev could be a great issue for all troupes....::poke:: just remove the sharp knife blade for the Marines! ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”