Unmarked bayonet.............

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
knife7knut

Unmarked bayonet.............

Post by knife7knut »

Picked this one up today for $5.No markings anywhere either on the knife itself or the scabbard.Nice straight grind on the blade unsharpened but it looks like a small false edge starting about half way down the bottom of the blade(when mounted to the rifle).Wood scales(a straight grain unlike anything I've seen before)held by two screws and spanner nuts.Guard and pommel are coated black(not paint;possibly powder coat).Scabbard is two piece steel spot welded together(tiny spot welds evenly spaced)with a steel throat and frog button.
Background of picture is 1 inch squares. Any idea what rifle this fits or country of origin? Doesn't look like anything i've seen before but then I'm not really into militaria.Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
UnmarkedBayonet 001.jpg
UnmarkedBayonet 002.jpg
UnmarkedBayonet 003.jpg
UnmarkedBayonet 004.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
knife7knut

Re: Unmarked bayonet.............

Post by knife7knut »

Well the mystery is solved.The bayonet is an M1947 Danish Madsen. Found one that sold in 2007 for $100 so I guess I got a good deal.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”