Could you help me identify this WWII knife?

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
starrman

Could you help me identify this WWII knife?

Post by starrman »

Hello All,
I've said this before, I have just enough knowledge to ask questions. But, I am learning. And someday I'll be able to answer a forum. I picked up four knives from a co-worker who's uncle left these behind. Three of the knives were stamped Negrito Bolos in leather sheaths. I found that many WWII servicemen brought these back from the Phillippines as souvenirs. I mention this only to date the other knife in question. The knife in question is 18 1/2" long, the sheath is bamboo with geometric patterns etched into it. The handle is 5 1/2" long and seems to be made of a lighter wood. As you can see from the pictures, the blade comes out about 4" and turns 90 degrees for a couple of inches and then turns another 90 degrees. It is a very wicked looking knife. I am not going to suppose anything. It could be another souvenir or a modern knife, but i doubt it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for your time
Jim Starr
Attachments
IMG_9098.JPG
IMG_9086.JPG
IMG_9088.JPG
IMG_9089.JPG
IMG_9095.JPG
IMG_9094.JPG
IMG_9090.JPG
IMG_9091.JPG
IMG_9092.JPG
IMG_9093.JPG
Jim Starr
junebug

Re: Could you help me identify this WWII knife?

Post by junebug »

JUST A GUESS........ ::shrug::
A FILIPINO MARTIAL ARTS WEAPON..... THEY HAVE ALOT OF ODD (TO US) STYLES ::nod::

someone will be along soon...i bet RAY-K7K will know...thinkin he has a HUGE DISPLAY with one on it ::tu::
i may be wrong..........again,someone will be along ,may take a day err 2 to nail it down....but bet they do! ::nod:: ::tu::

COOL KNIFE!
THANKS FOR SHOWIN' ::handshake::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

I"m going for a spear.A fishing spear and you can add different length handles.

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
starrman

Post by starrman »

Thanks for the replies! It's going to be interesting to hear the different ideas. If you spear a fish with it, it's not going anywhere.
Jim
Jim Starr

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”