can anyone tell me what is inscribed in german on this old Henchels Pocketknife>

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
jc322

can anyone tell me what is inscribed in german on this old Henchels Pocketknife>

Post by jc322 »

can anyone tell me what is inscribed in german on this old Henchels Pocket knife? Thank you!
Attachments
0.jpg
00.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: can anyone tell me what is inscribed in german on this old Henchels Pocketknife>

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. I can't make out the first word - looks like the last three letters are irr but the first letter isn't legible, and I couldn't figure out a beginning letter that made sense. (It's probably something obvious that I didn't think of.) ::facepalm:: The second word is Best, which means the same thing in English - best. If we could make out first word I suspect the whole thing will translate to something like "Our Best" or similar. Maybe someone who is an expert in Henckels knives will know more.

I doubt the knife is military related. Just my opinion. I'm no expert but Henckels has probably made a million pocket knives, most of them not military issue.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jc322

Re: can anyone tell me what is inscribed in german on this old Henchels Pocketknife>

Post by jc322 »

Thank you! I believe you are right ~ Our Best
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

"Our Best" is English so this knife was made for the export market.
Can you show a picture with all blades open and what is the closed length ?
kj
jc322

Post by jc322 »

photo's you requested
Attachments
0.jpg
1.jpg
0000.jpg
000.jpg
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

für .est
jc322

Post by jc322 »

closed length: 3 1/2"

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”