Remington WW1 bayonet

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Gunsil

Remington WW1 bayonet

Post by Gunsil »

Hi all, I have a friend who wishes to buy my WW1 Remington bayonet. Could some of you kindly tell me what a fair market value is for these? I have owned it for almost sixty years and it is in pretty nice condition with scabbard. Your input is greatly appreciated. Photos enlarge and turn to proper position when clicked on.
IMG_0204.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg
IMG_0206.jpg
espn77

Re: Remington WW1 bayonet

Post by espn77 »

Around $150 - $200 is where I've seen them sell at. Yours looks nice ::tu::
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Thank you!! It was near unused when I got it and I have kept it oiled for a half century. That price seems less than the SA (Springfield Armory) WW1 bayonets, any particular reason?
espn77

Post by espn77 »

There are a lot of them.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Lotta SAs too!! I see many more SAs than Remingtons. Even the long early WW2 bayos are bringing over $250, some well over $250 in nice condition and there are tons of them around. Not doubting your estimate, just a little surprised. I understand supply and demand, I think it is more less demand than large supply making these sell for less than the SAs. Perhaps that they were made for the Brits and not our troops has something to do with it.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

I could be wrong, that's just what I've seen.
cottage hill bill

Post by cottage hill bill »

I think you are conflating M1905 bayonets (the SA ones you mention) and M1917 bayonets (yours). Made for different rifles and appeal to different collectors. Best way to see what they are actually selling for is to search SOLD auctions on ebay. Use the advanced search feature and search on M1917, Remington etc. Search under a couple of different names and only SOLD auctions.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Thank you. I am well versed on ebay searches, there was pitiful little sold there in the extremely fine condition of mine, I sold it today for $200 and the buyer knows these things and was very happy to have it. Bayo is for the P14 .303 Enfield and the bayo is an early version without an oil hole.

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”