Unique Military Jacket

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
raincrowe

Re: Unique Military Jacket

Post by raincrowe »

doglegg wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:13 pm OF, very sweet family. ::nod:: ::nod::

Not about this jacket but would the Flying Tigers have regular issue military garments as they were not associated with the USA at first but were flying for the Chinese? ::shrug::
But it is a cool jacket. Bet it will start conversations when you wear it. ::nod::
Lol.... already seems to be topic of discussion :)
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

doglegg wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:13 pm OF, very sweet family. ::nod:: ::nod::

Not about this jacket but would the Flying Tigers have regular issue military garments as they were not associated with the USA at first but were flying for the Chinese? ::shrug::
But it is a cool jacket. Bet it will start conversations when you wear it. ::nod::
eveled wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:58 pm It seems like Yoda wrote the descriptions on those patches on the real military issued stuff.

OldFolder. Those are two of the best looking people I’ve ever seen in uniform. You must be very proud. I’ve added them to my prayer list. For a safe deployment.
Thank you so much for your compliments and prayers for our children.
Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
cottage hill bill

Post by cottage hill bill »

Why are there posts about BS fantasy clothing items on a knife forum? If the mods here were doing their job this post would have never seen the light of day. There are tons of militaria and uniform forums where this would be an appropriate post.

BTW that jacket was sold in the 70s or 80s by one of the clothing stores that used to live in malls. the jacket and the patches are total fantasy.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

cottage hill bill wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:27 pm Why are there posts about BS fantasy clothing items on a knife forum? If the mods here were doing their job this post would have never seen the light of day. There are tons of militaria and uniform forums where this would be an appropriate post.

BTW that jacket was sold in the 70s or 80s by one of the clothing stores that used to live in malls. the jacket and the patches are total fantasy.
Good morning and God's blessings to you, too!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

First of all I would like to thank everyone for their input!
In closing I've found this jacket wasn't issued by the American Air Core!
I don't believe it was by the Chinese Air force either after looking at numerous patches!
What bothers me is why someone would use the (905 TAC FRT SQ) call letters instead leave the banner blank?
This jacket is very well made and seems to involve the Flying Tigers.. a reenactment; a Military citation ;a movie prop; the Korean conflict or some other event could very well be the reason this historical jacket was made if so what year and how many?
Perhaps we will never know but would be interested if any more information would become available!
Attachments
IMG_0747 (2).JPG
IMG_0746 (4).JPG
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Steve Warden wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:10 pm
cottage hill bill wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:27 pm Why are there posts about BS fantasy clothing items on a knife forum? If the mods here were doing their job this post would have never seen the light of day. There are tons of militaria and uniform forums where this would be an appropriate post.

Good morning and God's blessings to you, too!
::tu:: Steve
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”