soe single blade jackknife

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
nif6969

soe single blade jackknife

Post by nif6969 »

Hello all. has anyone got or ever come across one these. as i cannot find a single pic on the net.i can find lots of pics of the version of this knife with the tyre slasher but not the single blade knife.
Attachments
IMG_E2256.JPG
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: soe single blade jackknife

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I’ve seen that pattern with the same handle covers for sale on eBay a few times. As I recall they are stamped “England” or “Sheffield”. Does yours not have a tang stamp?

Premier Cutlery offered a similar single-blade gunstock Jack with bone covers. The Premier versions I have are stamped “Germany”. I carry one daily. Here’s a couple I have.

Ken
Attachments
236529A0-B4B7-4631-BD44-C17B39BEE3AA.jpeg
A19CC6D8-D2EC-4525-86BA-9B3D811AB850.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
nif6969

Post by nif6969 »

my knife has no tang stamp of which is correct for this type of knife.you have a nice knife there which is a civilian knife.heres a pic of a ww2 commando knife beside the ww2 soe knife.
Attachments
IMG_E2261.JPG
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:31 pm I’ve seen that pattern with the same handle covers for sale on eBay a few times. As I recall they are stamped “England” or “Sheffield”. Does yours not have a tang stamp?

Premier Cutlery offered a similar single-blade gunstock Jack with bone covers. The Premier versions I have are stamped “Germany”. I carry one daily. Here’s a couple I have.

Ken
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I just have to compliment these Premiers.
I love this pattern even though I've never held one.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
cottage hill bill

Post by cottage hill bill »

I believe this knife is still in production. I bought one by J. Nowill & Sons within the last five years. As I recall it was around $20.
nif6969

Post by nif6969 »

cottage hill bill wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:33 am I believe this knife is still in production. I bought one by J. Nowill & Sons within the last five years. As I recall it was around $20.
j .nowill do still make a variant of the ww2 commando knife which has no bail.if you are talking about the soe knife ie the one with the metal bolster it would be interesting to see a pic of it as ive never seen a pic or ever known anyone to have one.even the imperial war museum in london does not have pic of one on there website but they have a pic of the soe knife with the trye slasher on there website.maybe the imperial war museum is my next port of call for info.thanks for your input nif6969

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”