A place to discuss military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
- Bronze Tier
- Posts: 9416
- Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:02 pm
- Location: Tecumseh,Michigan
The mechanism reminds me a little of the pocket flare pistols the pilots would carry in the 1960's. Only difference was the flares screwed into the end of the barrel.Looked like an oversize ball point pen or small flashlight.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
- Posts: 1453
- Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:37 pm
Could it be as simple as a fire starter?
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:25 pm
- Location: Lower Hudson River valley, N.Y.
I still think it is a "sappers" knife for dynamite work.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:40 pm
Thanks for the reactions!!! A detonator for dynamite.....indeed this seems more likely to me than a percussion pistol.
I'm going to inquire at the army !! If I have results, I will let you know for sure !!
Greetings to all!!!!