Lan-Cay M9 Bayonet

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Lan-Cay M9 Bayonet

Post by Paladin »

I was just in the process of listing an M9 Bayonet on eBay and my listing was refused with instructions not to re-list.
I called and spoke to a rep and was told this weapon is against policy which is being updated. I pointed out to the lady that there are hundreds of bayonets listed and she assured me that they would all be cancelled. When I pointed out that she was not believable, it did not do my case any good.
I did a search with just the word 'bayonet' and got 142,000+ listings. She told not to worry they will be cancelled.
What a load of poop.
Anyway, I thought you'd like to have the info.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
zzyzzogeton

Re: Lan-Cay M9 Bayonet

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Unfortunately, I do not think she was wrong about fleabay changing their rules. I won't be surprised when it happens. Not happy with that change, since I do collect bayonets, but not surprised.

It also will not surprise me when fleabay decides to ban the sale of all knives and swords as well.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I wouldn't put anything past fleabay, but my gut reaction is similar what Ray said, that's just, plain, hard to believe. I just did a search and got 5,716 results for the word "bayonet".
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I stand by my opinion that eBay is trying more to be an AliExpress competitor than anything else; and they could care less about anything else. Chinese sellers can list how many blatant counterfeit items they please, and never get them taken down, even with complaints from manufacturers themselves (i.e. Spyderco). Yet list something that barely even comes close to supposedly prohibited items (I've seen people had knives with ivory micarta handles taken down just because of "ivory" and even trouble with basic bone handles), or considering button lock knives (which Gerber makes a lot of) as automatics. This doesn't surprise me in the least. I strongly suspect eBay may eventually take an approach similar to UK eBay and not allow knives at all; given how they are political. I've heard most knife attacks in the UK are due to big kitchen knives, which are still perfectly legal to list and sell on UK eBay. Which makes no sense.

I wrote off Etsy last year, as I got sick of their own politics in the emails they sent me. Amazon I still do business with only because they can, quite often, get it to me the next day and not charge extra. However, so do Staples and Walmart now; with the latter often being the same day. In terms of what I buy in terms of hobby stuff; I've found there are several hobby dealers in the US that have a pretty decent stock of older stuff that isn't easy to find (diecast, mostly) and at nonexcessive prices, there will be some outdoors/tactical places with knives and tools that have been discontinued for ages at lower than MSRP prices, and the buy/sell/trade sections of most forums I'm on.

Most importantly, the AAPK store is where a lot of knives I buy come from.

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”