Klikit Fasteners

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Klikit Fasteners

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I was rummaging around thru some stuff yesterday and ran across some stuff I had left from who knows when. I must have bought these at a gunshow about 40-45 years ago to repair old canvas military items. They are Klikit snaps used to close the flaps on military ammo pouches, holsters and many other items that were made from canvas probably WWII/ Korea or maybe earlier. All I know is I have no use for them and I was going to toss them when I thought "wait a minute, there might be military collectors that could use these to repair some nice old piece that is otherwise good, but needs a new snap closure". As you can see, they are of 4 parts, the front piece with the spring clips has 4 prongs that go thru the canvas and thru a backing plate and they then clinch over to secure it. The other 2 parts are the post and backing washer which would require a setting tool to expand the hollow back and secure it. They appear to have a Parkerized finish on them. Anyway if any of you military collectors has any use for these, PM me and they are yours. I have 8 sets in total.
IMG_4631.JPG
IMG_4632.JPG
IMG_4633.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Klikit Fasteners

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Fasteners are spoken for and gone.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

That was a great move, giving those away!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Laminat

Post by Laminat »

It’s very generous of you to give them out.
eveled

Post by eveled »

It was very classy. I have them in my possession now, if someone finds this thread and needs a set, I will be happy to send them one. Consider me the keeper of the klikits
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

We will refer to you as the Klikit Meister. I also have some of the fasteners that look like tiny trailer hitch balls that were used on military holsters to close the flap. I used them to make military replica flap holsters for Lugers, P38s, PPKs, as well as Civil War leather repros. Now if I could only find them. lol
Laminat

Post by Laminat »

It’s very generous of you to give them out. I don’t need them right now, but I could really use such Fasteners a month ago. They look tough enough to be used even with strong fabric like tarp or similar. I wanted to repair my old tent with a few tears on the left side. I used similar fasteners to secure the stitch and don’t let it be torn again.
What can other types of fasteners be used for denim fabric? I am looking for some now and cannot decide what type to choose. I need to repair a pair of old jeans, and I need to change the fasteners.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Laminat wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:41 pm It’s very generous of you to give them out. I don’t need them right now, but I could really use such Fasteners a month ago. They look tough enough to be used even with strong fabric like tarp or similar. I wanted to repair my old tent with a few tears on the left side. I used similar fasteners to secure the stitch and don’t let it be torn again.
What can other types of fasteners be used for denim fabric? I am looking for some now and cannot decide what type to choose. I need to repair a pair of old jeans, and I need to change the fasteners.
Klikit fasteners were designed to be used as the military used them, for closing the flap on military holsters, magazine pouches, canteen covers and similar uses. They would NOT be at all suitable for patching tents. Canvas tents are most commonly patched by sewing patches over them and then waterproofing the stitching holes.

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”