Fairbairn Sykes fighting knife with Sorority name engraved

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Tgibbs59

Fairbairn Sykes fighting knife with Sorority name engraved

Post by Tgibbs59 »

A long time trader friend bought a box of knives from a gentleman who had accumulated them over the years until about 40 years ago. My question is about the Sorority name engraved
" OMEGA EPILSON" , near the ricasso . Why would a Sorority name be engraved on a Military knife? Open to all opinions and answers
FRJ

Re: Fairbairn Sykes fighting knife with Sorority name engraved

Post by FRJ »

Can you show pictures of the knife?
Joe
Tgibbs59

Post by Tgibbs59 »

A friend has the knife,I don't have any photos.
kris_kross

Post by kris_kross »

What leads you to believe that it is the name of a sorority? There is an alpha omega epsilon sorority but not quite the same thing. Omega Epsilon
could refer to a lot of different things, could be a personal thing, could be a military thing or military organization/fraternity, I don't really know.
Maddogfl

Post by Maddogfl »

kris_kross wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:37 pm What leads you to believe that it is the name of a sorority? There is an alpha omega epsilon sorority but not quite the same thing. Omega Epsilon
could refer to a lot of different things, could be a personal thing, could be a military thing or military organization/fraternity, I don't really know.

The OP may have to make contact the original owner to find out the real meaning. That would probably require a séance. I would bet it has nothing to do with the AOE sorority. The only hint is that the Greek Omega usually signifies the end of something, and even that is a WAG. The former owner may have been Oscar Edwards...;)

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”