USN MK2 Scabbard

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
CarMan

USN MK2 Scabbard

Post by CarMan »

Would anyone know where I might look for a WW2 era USN MK2 fiberglass style sheath/scabbard? I have been watching eBay but having a very hard time finding just the sheath. My son has a near perfect Camillus USN MK2 that I’d like to get him an original sheath for. Thank you
steve99f

Re: USN MK2 Scabbard

Post by steve99f »

I can usually see these at most gun shows in my area (eastern PA). Of course there are on line sellers.
steve99f
CarMan

Post by CarMan »

steve99f wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:04 pm I can usually see these at most gun shows in my area (eastern PA). Of course there are on line sellers.
Thank you. I’ll have to try the Gun shows, not having much luck online. All on line I’m finding is usually with a knife.
eveled

Post by eveled »

22A58ABB-976F-4878-93ED-B43FADA61984.jpeg
I would not put a mint condition knife into a nord fiberglass sheath. They tend to scratch the blade coating. Some are worse than others.

If you really want one you will probably have to buy it with a knife. Then resell the knife or just use it. Estimate what the knife is worth subtract it from the total. Most if not all of mine came this way. Some ended up being almost free.
CarMan

Post by CarMan »

eveled wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:44 pm 22A58ABB-976F-4878-93ED-B43FADA61984.jpeg

I would not put a mint condition knife into a nord fiberglass sheath. They tend to scratch the blade coating. Some are worse than others.

If you really want one you will probably have to buy it with a knife. Then resell the knife or just use it. Estimate what the knife is worth subtract it from the total. Most if not all of mine came this way. Some ended up being almost free.
Great collection. Thank you for the help. I really just want the scabbard to go with the knife not to keep the knife in. Thanks again

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”