Case XX military machete made in 1942?

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Case XX military machete made in 1942?

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Here is a new pick-up. Trying to find out more about it, I found out that Case made a military machete in 1942 (the tang stamp looks right for that). I have not found a picture yet. Anyone that might have one of these or know about it, I would appreciate any more information.
Attachments
DSCF0237.JPG
DSCF0238.JPG
DSCF0239.JPG
DSCF0240.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Case XX military machete made in 1942?

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

::hmm:: Looks like it might could be a CASEXX U.S. NAVAL AVIATION M-592 SURVIVAL KIT NON MACHETE.
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
zzyzzogeton

Re: Case XX military machete made in 1942?

Post by zzyzzogeton »

That is the ONLY REAL V44 - the Case V44 machete that replaced the Collins #18 Pequeno Machetes and authorized clones from Western, Case and Kinfolks that were in the AAC M592 Survival kits. It is missing the edge protector.

The #18 was the knife in the pre-WW2 (1926-1941) Army Air Corps B2-Jungle Survival Kit then in the Army Air Force/USN M592 Survival Kit, until THIS knife replaced the #18 in 1944.

Most, if not all were stenciled USN, but they were used by the AAF on bombers used in the Pacific campaign for sure. Don't know if there was another kit used in Europe or not as the M592 had stuff that would have been much less useful in Europe, e.g., the fishing kit, fishing net, sunburn oinment, and the machete.

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”