Coming back home...

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Alien883

Coming back home...

Post by Alien883 »

I used to live in a small town in Germany, across the street an older house in bad shape stood there for a long time...when I left for the US I heard they house gonna be sold or torn down...years went by and suddenly unexpected a parcel from Germany came to me...a friend and neighbor of mine over there know I collect knives...he witnessed the old house finally being torn down. As they cleaned up an old box got dug up and to his surprise had an old knife in it. Him very interested in local history done some research and found out annolder couple lived there in WW2, as the story goes...a young US soldier showed up one night. Separated from his unit badly wounded...these folks took him in and took care of his wounds. Supposedly his unit came close many month later and some how the lad went back to fight another year...as a thank you to this couple he left them his Quartermaster knife as gift. As the German army neared they got really troubled and hid the knife under the house...many moons later this knife made it back. Coming home!!! It was is rough shape...but I did my best to cleaning up and give it great honor to be able to be used and admired again!!
What would I give...if I could find out the whereabouts of this soldiers family and reunited them with this knife!!!😊😍
Attachments
IMG_20170307_205716217.jpg
IMG_20170307_205731544.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Coming back home...

Post by doglegg »

Very interesting story.
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

doglegg wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:57 am Very interesting story.
Tnx!! :D
Suredan

Post by Suredan »

I have never seen a Cattaraugus 225Q with a fuller that far down on the blade. The fuller is usually closer to the top of the blade. Very unusual.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Wow! an amazing story! ::tu::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Arisaka99

Post by Arisaka99 »

I was stationed in Friedberg, FRG from 88-91. Great story. Issue quartermaster knife matches the story timeline.

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”