There's rough and then there's.....

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
zorrothegreyblade

There's rough and then there's.....

Post by zorrothegreyblade »

Well, you wouldn't bend down to pick it up off the floor if you were walking past, but it turned up today as part of a collection and after I'd checked out the rest, I scraped the rust of the marlin spike and found the broad arrow mark. Blades to corroded to get a maker, but what realy struck me was the poor quality of the scales! They look like the diamond pattern had been filed by a blind aprentice with a hangover! I'm going to keep it, makes the rest of the military collection look mint :P
Attachments
OH DEAR!
OH DEAR!
OH DEAR OH DEAR!
OH DEAR OH DEAR!
DEFINITELY SEEN ACTION!
DEFINITELY SEEN ACTION!
100_0732.jpg (67.29 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
stop me when I get boring
zorrothegreyblade

AND THIS!

Post by zorrothegreyblade »

Twice in one week!

Another dog rough WW2 clasp knife but this is much more interesting. It is a pattern I have seen only once before, and the makers mark is new to me also. TURNER RYALLS & CO, not mentioned in Tweedales Sheffield Knife Book or Flooks British and Commonwealth Military Knives as far as I am aware, found a reference and picture on Futuremuseum.co.uk , going to strip it and refurbish if I can work up enough courage!
Attachments
New knife shown between "standard" WW1 and WW2 examples to show relative size
New knife shown between "standard" WW1 and WW2 examples to show relative size
Beside a J ALLEN, identical flat scales
Beside a J ALLEN, identical flat scales
Tang closeup
Tang closeup
Photo on Futuermuseum.co.uk
Photo on Futuermuseum.co.uk
stop me when I get boring

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”