Carving flowers with Victorinox

A place for whittlers and wood carvers. Everything from Beginner to expert topics welcome. Stop by and show off your work or check out the wonderful creations made by fellow members.
hard.times.lures

Carving flowers with Victorinox

Post by hard.times.lures »

I wanted to tell about the success I have had carving flowers with the Victorinox Floral knive. This model (now discontinued) has either a higher rockwell or better temper than normal Victorinox knives....i.e. they will hold the edge longer. You can find them on the bay for fair prices.

I have carved about 2000 flowers with these knives with good results and not having to strop or sharpen very often. I put the flowers on a 2x2x2" wood base and add a Christian cross on the front with John 3:16 on the side. I give these away to nursing homes and churches.

My camera is broken, so I can't post photo of the the flower or knife, but you can find them on the bay to see what they look like. They are about 3 7/8" long and one blade. I paid about $18 for mine.

Blessings, Bryan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Carving flowers with Victorinox

Post by doglegg »

Bryan, when you get a new camera, don't forget us. Love to see the flowers. ::nod:: ::nod::
Doug51

Re: Carving flowers with Victorinox

Post by Doug51 »

hard.times.lures wrote:I wanted to tell about the success I have had carving flowers with the Victorinox Floral knive. This model (now discontinued) has either a higher rockwell or better temper than normal Victorinox knives....i.e. they will hold the edge longer. You can find them on the bay for fair prices.

I have carved about 2000 flowers with these knives with good results and not having to strop or sharpen very often. I put the flowers on a 2x2x2" wood base and add a Christian cross on the front with John 3:16 on the side. I give these away to nursing homes and churches.

My camera is broken, so I can't post photo of the the flower or knife, but you can find them on the bay to see what they look like. They are about 3 7/8" long and one blade. I paid about $18 for mine.

Blessings, Bryan

That's a lot of flowers! Definitely would like to see a picture also some time. ::tu::

Return to “Whittling And Wood Carving”