Cedar arrowhead

A place for whittlers and wood carvers. Everything from Beginner to expert topics welcome. Stop by and show off your work or check out the wonderful creations made by fellow members.
Doug51

Cedar arrowhead

Post by Doug51 »

Whittled this simple arrowhead with my Case seahorse whittler. It was a little hard to make because the cedar wants to split easy. I might try to add a bear track or something to it with a wood burner. Just a simple thing to whittle with a knife. I love using the knives I carry wich is why I like to whittle. :D
Attachments
IMG_20180710_095214.jpg
Steve Warden

Re: Cedar arrowhead

Post by Steve Warden »

Nice! ::tu:: ::tu::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

Thanks
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

I saw this and thought you might be interested.https://www.smkw.com/old-timer-woodworking-knife-3

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Great little arrow head Doug, you are getting good at that. Got something I am working on, hope to finish it soon, if I don't break it as I have the last two. I have to put the arrow head on my list. Thanks for posting it.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

XX Case XX wrote:I saw this and thought you might be interested.https://www.smkw.com/old-timer-woodworking-knife-3

Post by Doug51 »

Xx Case xx thanks for the link. I actually have one also. I use it once in a while. Most of the the blades were dull and I have not yet had much luck sharpening those odd shaped blades to get them to carve well.

Dogleg thanks. Look forward to seeing what your working on. I think I'm going to try a ball in a cage next. I've never attempted one so it should be interesting.

I think I'm going to wood burn a Bears paw track into this little arrowhead head

Return to “Whittling And Wood Carving”