Patriotic Biker Guy

A place for whittlers and wood carvers. Everything from Beginner to expert topics welcome. Stop by and show off your work or check out the wonderful creations made by fellow members.
Doc B

Patriotic Biker Guy

Post by Doc B »

Recently, I had texted,my sister, a picture of my last carving "Patriotic Pooch". She showed it to her husband and later texted back, that he had said that they needed one. I texted back, that I'be glad to do one, it took 30 hours and that I billed at the going rate of a dentist. These are the kind of things you say to your sister. Her husband is an avid Harley fan and owner. They frequently go riding with a Harley group, around DFW. Anyway...that's the inspiration behind Patriotic Biker Guy. I'll gift it to them, next time I see them. I'm getting a bit quicker. This guy only took 17 hours. I'll let her know it's almost half price of Patriotic Pooch...cause those are the kind of things you say to your sister.

If you click on the pictures, they will appear upright.
IMG_2496.JPG
IMG_2492.JPG
IMG_2495.JPG
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Patriotic Biker Guy

Post by Ripster »

Doc B wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:13 pm Recently, I had texted,my sister, a picture of my last carving "Patriotic Pooch". She showed it to her husband and later texted back, that he had said that they needed one. I texted back, that I'be glad to do one, it took 30 hours and that I billed at the going rate of a dentist. These are the kind of things you say to your sister. Her husband is an avid Harley fan and owner. They frequently go riding with a Harley group, around DFW. Anyway...that's the inspiration behind Patriotic Biker Guy. I'll gift it to them, next time I see them. I'm getting a bit quicker. This guy only took 17 hours. I'll let her know it's almost half price of Patriotic Pooch...cause those are the kind of things you say to your sister.

If you click on the pictures, they will appear upright.

IMG_2496.JPGIMG_2492.JPGIMG_2495.JPG
Doc B ,way cool ,as a HD Rider of over 40 years ,it warms my heart to see this post and read your words. They will be a vey happy couple to get this. Keep on whittling and sending pics. Take care
JP
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Don't know how I missed this. Super cool Doc. Enjoyed the story. ::tu:: ::tu::
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Pretty darn cool for a jet mech wanna-be!! ::clapping:: ::poke::

You've got talent, Doc ::tu:: ::tu::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Steve Warden wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:23 pm Pretty darn cool for a jet mech wanna-be!! ::clapping:: ::poke::

You've got talent, Doc ::tu:: ::tu::
Ha! Thanks guys!
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

Return to “Whittling And Wood Carving”