Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Old Hunter

Re: Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Post by Old Hunter »

As small as it gets in the Bucklite world, a made in 2000, green handle Bucklite 425 from a pawnshop couple days ago. OH
Attachments
29AA9141-0FC4-4560-8A70-A1051FB18362.jpeg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Most of the 425s I see are black. Nice pick-up! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Just knew I needed one of these in my life ;)
Attachments
Titanium.jpg
You do not have a soul, you are a soul, what you have is a body
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

JonTerry wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:20 pm Just knew I needed one of these in my life ;)
Nice one!
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Nice Titanium Buck Jon Terry! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

This one is on the way (had one, but gave it away as a gift… so buying it again for my collection)

Bought it from a wacky AAPK store :D “wackyaapkman”
C8A4A6F9-9E25-49F6-9DBA-8C0849A13F0E.jpeg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

MadeinUSA wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:28 pm This one is on the way (had one, but gave it away as a gift… so buying it again for my collection)

Bought it from a wacky AAPK store :D “wackyaapkman”

C8A4A6F9-9E25-49F6-9DBA-8C0849A13F0E.jpeg
Mmmmm Daddy like. Now I'm on the search for one.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

[/quote]
garddogg56 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:18 am Like that 303 ::tu::
Old Hunter wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:55 am Love that Buffalo Horn 303, really unique and great looking too. OH
KLJ77 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:13 pm Mike, that is a SWEET looking 303. Makes my mouth water, dribble and run. ::tu:: First one I've ever seen w/buffalo horn.
Thanks guys :D
Mike
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

This one finally made it into my mailbox yesterday. A bit smaller than expected but I like the handles so..........
Attachments
Buck 525 Stars & Stripes 2007 - Labeled.JPG
Buck 525 Stars & Stripes 2007 - Tang Stamp.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

The 425/525 are about the smallest Buck lockbacks made (traditional style, not sure about of the more modern stuff). Nice size like a peanut with a real blade. Nice patriotic American Flag handles Jerry. OH
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

BC4.jpg
I just liked it, wanted a Drop point and this came up, was going to sell it on but will probably keep it for a while ::facepalm::
Attachments
BC2.jpg
BC3.jpg
95E4554B-030C-4CEE-B64B-CDDBC24EAC4D.jpeg
Jeepergeo

Post by Jeepergeo »

The February Buck of the Month arrived in my mail box a couple of days ago and I just got around to opening it.

It's a 301 Stockman with wood grain carbon fiber scales. The knife came very sharp, but with a disappointingly uneven grind on all three blades, and especially on the spey blade. The grind angle is very steep too...I have never seen a slip joint pocket knife with that large of angle.

The scales are unique and they are growing on me.

I'm debating cleaning up the grinds myself using my Lansky system Vs. sending the knife back to Buck. I'm confident Buck will take care of it since they are a great company, and I'm sure once the QAQC team sees the knife they will wonder why the knife went out. But sending a knife back is not very convenient.

Anyway, here is a photo of the knife (please excuse my photo skills!!).
20230301_083525.jpg
bertl

Post by bertl »

JonTerry wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:36 pm BC4.jpgI just liked it, wanted a Drop point and this came up, was going to sell it on but will probably keep it for a while ::facepalm::

That was done by Wilde Bill Cody when he worked for Buck. The handle is Impala. Buck had 4 models of the 500 Series with Impala handles. They marketed the handle material as "Siberian Impala", which confused me since Impala distribution is limited to Africa. Cody told me that the material came from a game farm in Russia, hence the "Siberian".

Bert
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Keeper that is handsome ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

bertl wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:42 pm
JonTerry wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:36 pm BC4.jpgI just liked it, wanted a Drop point and this came up, was going to sell it on but will probably keep it for a while ::facepalm::

That was done by Wilde Bill Cody when he worked for Buck. The handle is Impala. Buck had 4 models of the 500 Series with Impala handles. They marketed the handle material as "Siberian Impala", which confused me since Impala distribution is limited to Africa. Cody told me that the material came from a game farm in Russia, hence the "Siberian".

Bert
Cheers Bert,

This is Golden info !!!
Do you have any idea how many they made ? .........mine is #427

Cheers

JT
bertl

Post by bertl »

JonTerry wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:01 pm
bertl wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:42 pm

Bert
Cheers Bert,

This is Golden info !!!
Do you have any idea how many they made ? .........mine is #427

Cheers

JT
I don't know the number made. These knives were a limited addition from the early 1990s and my guess is the number may have been 1000. They appeared in the 1991, 1992, and 1993 catalogs.

Bert
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Bucklite Tool #355, bought off the AAPK store to keep in my truck (and use while hunting and fishing). OH
Attachments
E1F90356-9F2D-40C9-8254-D27EFD4652E0.jpeg
2F3A65F5-8781-4A6B-AB73-7933D372464F.jpeg
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Nice OH those are hard to find ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

garddogg56 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:25 pm Nice OH those are hard to find ::tu::
Thanks Dogg! I was surprised and pleased to see it in the AAPK store - jumped on it. OH
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Old Hunter wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:18 am Bucklite Tool #355, bought off the AAPK store to keep in my truck (and use while hunting and fishing). OH
Nice find there O.H. ::tu:: ::tu:: I am a Multi-tool nut ::paranoid:: and I really like the #355... ::hmm:: partly because it is a rare one to come across :wink:
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I picked this #103 in a pawnshop and paid more than I wanted to, but I did not to pass it up because it a 1961-67, ::hmm:: and I don't many of them 'round here ::hmm:: The blade has some nasty scratches from a not so great sharpening job, but overall it nice and tight and lot's of blade left... for ME to screw-up next time it needs sharpening... ::facepalm::
Attachments
DSCF2062.JPG
DSCF2063.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

My re-entry into Buck knives.
Needed some minor edge work and scratches dealing with, but overall happy with the result so far.
IMG_8936.jpeg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Got this Buck 055 yesterday. It’s this months Buck of the month. I like wooden handles and this one has ironwood handles. Plus it has 154CM blade. I really like this smaller size, very tempted to carry this one, of course my wife says I say that about almost every knife I get.
Attachments
IMG_5653.jpeg
IMG_5654.jpeg
IMG_5655.jpeg
IMG_5659.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

::tu:: Nice upgrade and it does look like a handy size. ::nod::
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Very nice knife, Mark!
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”