Buck Whittler #309

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Buck Whittler #309

Post by garddogg56 »

Old Hunter wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:27 pm Dogg, they are great penknives, same function as a Peanut - did you get yours at Bass Pro Shop? That's where mine came from. OH
Cabelas same stores now ::shrug:: she is made for the watch pocket ::tu:: great blades ::nod::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Modern Slip Joints

Re: Buck Whittler #309

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Old Hunter wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:29 pm MSM, not sure what Buck is doing with the 300 line, it sure is small now and not that attractive with very few special runs being made anymore. The company states they are retooling the line, there is always hope for a full line in the future, but with the two new Remington Bullet Knives being based on the current 301 I don't think it will be in 2020. OH
I have a small collection of the larger Camillus made Rem. Bullet knives so I'm curious what models Buck will make as Rem. Bullet knives. Buck has not made patterns similar the Bullet knives I like. Just the opposite has been the case. Buck had Camillus make some of the patterns Camillus used for Rem. Bullet knives and stamp them Buck. Daddy Barlows, banana trapper pattern knives, Jumbo Trapper/Rem. 1303, and all sizes of scout/utility knives were never Buck's cup of tea. I left real Folding Hunters off that list because the only way I use that name has to be made clear. It's Case's __65 pattern, Queen's 39 & 44, and Buck's 317.

I've stuck with Camillus made Rem. Bullet knives because that way I know what to expect for materials and quality. Since Camillus closed it's been too hard to learn who made Rem. Bullet knives.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”