Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Old Hunter

Re: Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Post by Old Hunter »

Thank you John!
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks for the compliments, John and Bruce.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

OH it is a bottle opener ::shrug:: thanx guys for the complements ::handshake:: it is little and kinda odd for a Buck ::hmm::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Dogg, it never occurred to me that it was a bottle opener. I haven’t seen that model Buck either, but they have so many models nowadays that are never in stores. If I don’t see it in a display I probably won’t know about it. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Had to buy a broom yesterday for my garage, stopped at TruValue Hardware, Buck display case had the standard issue Vantage 345, black nylon handles and 420HC blade. Used it cleaning out the garage yesterday, for sure it will cut cardboard boxes up! OH
Attachments
8A7818DB-1C7A-4C93-950D-646A8E2D12F6.jpeg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Old Hunter wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:38 pm Had to buy a broom yesterday for my garage, stopped at TruValue Hardware, Buck display case had the standard issue Vantage 345, black nylon handles and 420HC blade. Used it cleaning out the garage yesterday, for sure it will cut cardboard boxes up! OH
Nothing wrong with a standard user OH.. Nice Score!!! Soo..Did ya get a broom??? ::poke::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Nice broom John, cost $11.73 to include the sales tax. Really swept that dirt off the concrete floor (nylon bristles too!!). OH
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Old Hunter wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:17 pm Nice broom John, cost $11.73 to include the sales tax. Really swept that dirt off the concrete floor (nylon bristles too!!). OH
👍😗👍😁
John 🏁

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Those Vantages are nice knives OH ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I picked this Buck 110 up through AltamontCo., who did a Buck 110 four knife series commemorating Kenneth Enright. This knife is called "The Statesman". I'm a sucker for an engraved 'Eagle' knife and have many in my collection / stash. Altamont provided BCCI members a good deal on the ones they have left and couldn't pass up that deal.

"Kenneth N. Enright passed away on March 23, 2018. His legacy continues. This is a custom engraved commemorative series to honor his contributions to the Buck 110 Folding Hunter. His was a tangible legacy. The knives he passed down to us, his sons, are some of our greatest treasures, including his favored Buck 055’s and Buck 110’s. To those of us looking to do the same, there is little better to pass onto the next generation than the timeless Buck 110 Folding Hunter."

- Merlin Enright
Attachments
IMG_1123.JPG
IMG_1136.JPG
IMG_1135.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Some nice looking Bucks being shown lately.

Rick...glad to see you got a 55 ::tu:: The BOTM one I purchased was much smaller than I expected. ::facepalm:: I've never seen one, so that caught me off guard. And the Red Canvas Micarta looks more like burnt orange. If it wasn't S35V and a BOTM, I would send it back. But, I'll suck it up and be happy with it. ::nod::

OH...nice grab on that Vantage. Those are very durable knives and will take a licking. And that 112 is NICE.

Garddogg...Although that 'buck' knife looks attractive, sadly...that is a counterfeit Buck knife. ANY Buck knife with a model # starting with a X, D or F is counterfeit. Sorry to break the bad news to you, but I hope you get some good use out of it. I'm sure the boys at work didn't know any better.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

KLJ77 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:36 pm I picked this Buck 110 up through AltamontCo., who did a Buck 110 four knife series commemorating Kenneth Enright. This knife is called "The Statesman". I'm a sucker for an engraved 'Eagle' knife and have many in my collection / stash. Altamont provided BCCI members a good deal on the ones they have left and couldn't pass up that deal.

"Kenneth N. Enright passed away on March 23, 2018. His legacy continues. This is a custom engraved commemorative series to honor his contributions to the Buck 110 Folding Hunter. His was a tangible legacy. The knives he passed down to us, his sons, are some of our greatest treasures, including his favored Buck 055’s and Buck 110’s. To those of us looking to do the same, there is little better to pass onto the next generation than the timeless Buck 110 Folding Hunter."

- Merlin Enright
Oh my! That is drop dead gorgeous!

I saw the offer for these and I almost got one myself. After seeing your pics, I wish I would have. That knife is beautiful!
Rick T.

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

KLJ77 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:52 pm Rick...glad to see you got a 55 ::tu:: The BOTM one I purchased was much smaller than I expected. ::facepalm:: I've never seen one, so that caught me off guard. And the Red Canvas Micarta looks more like burnt orange. If it wasn't S35V and a BOTM, I would send it back. But, I'll suck it up and be happy with it. ::nod::
I can understand being surprised by the size of the 55 if you had never seen one. It's widely advertised as "half of a 110" but it's really more like one third of a 110. Maybe the model number should be 36.66666 instead of 55. :mrgreen:

Man, that Statesman is nice!
Rick T.

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Rick,

The Statesman is still available. Email Altamont direct at their sales addy. I copied & pasted the info on the Statesman from the BCCI post and stated in my email that I saw the discounted offer via BCCI from Tim Lindsey and wanted to purchase. You can provide your BCCI membership # if you so choose to. They sent me an invoice for PP...and THEY paid shipping. Can't beat the price on this beauty.

Do it Rick...JUST DO IT! ::nod:: ::groove:: :lol:

Thanks for your input on the 55 too. I agree w/you...the size is more like 1/3 of the 110. But, as stated...I'll make it a keeper. ::handshake::
LJ

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Just in today.
Attachments
IMG_6261.JPG
IMG_6262.JPG
IMG_6263.JPG
IMG_6264.JPG
Rick T.

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Awesome looking, Rick ::tu:: I'm drooling. Is that Ironwood or Palmwood scales? I really like the jigging.
LJ

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

KLJ77 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:52 pm Awesome looking, Rick ::tu:: I'm drooling. Is that Ironwood or Palmwood scales? I really like the jigging.
Thank you, LJ. It’s “Scalloped Cocobolo Wood”. That model was the January 2020 Buck of the Month. It’s my favorite. Can’t believe I passed on them the day they were released. They sold out that same day and I took too long deciding.
Rick T.

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Looking Good Rick. 👍😘😘👍
John 🏁

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

jmh58 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:21 pm Looking Good Rick. 👍😘😘👍
John 🏁
Thanks, John!
Rick T.

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Railsplitter wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:08 pm
KLJ77 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:52 pm Awesome looking, Rick ::tu:: I'm drooling. Is that Ironwood or Palmwood scales? I really like the jigging.
Thank you, LJ. It’s “Scalloped Cocobolo Wood”. That model was the January 2020 Buck of the Month. It’s my favorite. Can’t believe I passed on them the day they were released. They sold out that same day and I took too long deciding.
Oh yeah...that's right. Great pickup...glad you were able to get one. ::tu:: I had to look that one up in my files. I remember it now. I regret passing that one up too. ::facepalm:: However, Buck came out with a Limited Edition of this 112 that month and I DIDN'T pass on this one. Jigged buffalo horn, bloody jasper & ironwood.
Attachments
IMG_0577.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG
IMG_0584.JPG
LJ

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

KLJ77 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:58 pm Oh yeah...that's right. Great pickup...glad you were able to get one. ::tu:: I had to look that one up in my files. I remember it now. I regret passing that one up too. ::facepalm:: However, Buck came out with a Limited Edition of this 112 that month and I DIDN'T pass on this one. Jigged buffalo horn, bloody jasper & ironwood.
Super nice! I remember those but I didn't realize they only made 25 of them. That's a real gem there! Excellent score and gorgeous pictures!
Rick T.

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

LJ. 😘🤩💎😘
John 🥶

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks Rick & John. ::handshake::
LJ

Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Rick and LJ - drop dead gorgeous, both of them! How will you ever use them?? OH
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Old Hunter wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:44 am Rick and LJ - drop dead gorgeous, both of them! How will you ever use them?? OH
Ha! I rarely buy knives these days that have no chance of being used but this new one of mine is a Safe Queen just as sure as I'm sittin' here.
Rick T.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”