Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Post by garddogg56 »

QS good looking knife,let us know how she holds uo 8) today I finally gut me a Buck muskrat 313 at a yard sale ::nod:: I'll clean her up and slip her in the pocket ::super_happy::
Attachments
image.jpg
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Great score Garry and GD!! Never beat a BUCK !!! ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I've noticed Buck's traditional USA-made "pocket knife" line is now down to just the 301 and 303, the Solitaire apparently just got discontinued not too long ago. Stinks that the variety it once had is no longer there; but neither is the quality--the 301 I looked over at the local knife store had horrible snap; so weak you'd think it was worn out. That Moose/Muskrat is a great score! Seems that's one of the lesser-seen ones.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Good pickups gents!

Cody, as I have read on another Buck Knives website (and verified by Jeff H. from Buck Knives) the company is in the process of retooling the 300 series. Whenever they get them on the market I'm sure they will be worth the wait, but unless you find some NOS knives the 300 line is getting mighty thin. Seems that Bass Pro Shops still has plenty of the 310 Whittlers (a SFO for them). The one I have is pretty snappy (from about 9 years ago). OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Old Hunter wrote:Good pickups gents!

Cody, as I have read on another Buck Knives website (and verified by Jeff H. from Buck Knives) the company is in the process of retooling the 300 series. Whenever they get them on the market I'm sure they will be worth the wait, but unless you find some NOS knives the 300 line is getting mighty thin. Seems that Bass Pro Shops still has plenty of the 310 Whittlers (a SFO for them). The one I have is pretty snappy (from about 9 years ago). OH
Rumor has it of a jigged bone 301!!! ::shrug:: ::super_happy:: ::hmm::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
SBH

Post by SBH »

I just bought a 371 stockman as I sent my 301 in to Buck for a sharpen job or a blade replacement. I need an edc so......? I got it at Walmart for $20. It's not the quality of my 301 but it'll do......fwiw 8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

My very first Buck fixed blade arrived today. Great knife!

Buck 212 from Copper & Clad.
Attachments
IMG_4923.JPG
IMG_4926.JPG
IMG_4925.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Nice knife Rick - welcome to the Buck fixed blade club. I took my new Buck 212 fishing yesterday, short size wears like a 102, but the 212 has the full size handle I prefer. Going to be a good supplement to my 121 Fisherman- between the two they’ll be a great fishing duo. Nice knife! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Saw this little Buck 310 the other day for $20 shipped and I like whittlers so I thought I'd give it a try. I think it is a 2,000.
DSCN6023.JPG
DSCN6024.JPG
DSCN6025.JPG
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Here is my most recent Buck, #315 Yachtsman. The one I have in my collection is really in bad shape, (cracked handles, non locking spike, etc), finally found a good deal on a replacement. This one looks well used but is fully functional, full bladed and will clean up nicely after a visit to the "spa". Now I have both versions of this model in my collection, a NIB version without bolsters and this one. Now if I could only find the elusive versions with different colored handles, or the few that came in bone.
Attachments
315c.jpg
315b.jpg
BCCI Member #2863
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Congrats Baykeeper, and always the hunt for the elusive one. ::nod:: ::tu::
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Good to see the old 300’s still being grabbed up! Nice acquisitions gents. OH
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Thanks guys! I'll be looking for 300 Series "versions" for the rest of my life I'm sure.
BCCI Member #2863
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Just ordered an old (mid 1970’s) Buck 118 from Matt Sanders AAPK Store. Probably have it late next week. OH
Attachments
9E0E9772-7DF8-4589-8D0F-31B1A76C6F71.jpeg
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

doglegg wrote:Saw this little Buck 310 the other day for $20 shipped and I like whittlers so I thought I'd give it a try. I think it is a 2,000.DSCN6023.JPGDSCN6024.JPGDSCN6025.JPG
My 310 has replaced my Case peanut as a watch pocket knife in the hot and humid summer
Attachments
IMG_0868.JPG
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

garddogg56 wrote:
doglegg wrote:Saw this little Buck 310 the other day for $20 shipped and I like whittlers so I thought I'd give it a try. I think it is a 2,000.DSCN6023.JPGDSCN6024.JPGDSCN6025.JPG
My 310 has replaced my Case peanut as a watch pocket knife in the hot and humid summer
That's a good deal for a 310, they aren't that common and usually go for much more than a Jackson. The 310 is one of my fave EDC's, good score!
BCCI Member #2863
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Baykeeper. ::handshake::
garddogg, I bet it serves you well. ::nod:: ::handshake::
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Old Hunter wrote:Just ordered an old (mid 1970’s) Buck 118 from Matt Sanders AAPK Store. Probably have it late next week. OH
I've bought knives from Sander's Knives before, great selection of collectible treasures. That's where I got my #322 Buck Congress in yellow. I haven't perused their store lately, mainly because I'm too broke and the likelihood I'd find something I want is very high. It's like if I see it I MUST have it so avoiding looking is my only hope to avoid bankruptcy.
BCCI Member #2863
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Picked this 2003 403 Eagle up off the Bay last week. Been looking for one of these for a long time. Got lucky on a "best offer". ::groove::
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_5a6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5a7.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5a8.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5a9.jpeg
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Good looking 403 ::tu::
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Baykeeper, I know what you mean - I limit myself nowadays (more knives than I could give away in a lifetime, much less use up!)

Nice Buck 403, that is not a Buck Knife you see often. OH
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks, Garddog & OH...

Yeah, OH...these are pretty scarce, even w/only 2003 made. (according to BCCI 2003 cataloge) This one is 1258 / 2003. People tend to hold on to these kinds of knives. I think the only reason I was fortunate enough to get this one is because the person selling it was into 'other' stuff to sell and this was the only knife they had. Probably wanted to get it off their hands quickly due to them not being 'into' knives. They may not have known exactly what they were selling either. I've seen these sell for well over $200.00 and up. I gave $155.00 for it. It originally sold for $174.00 in 2003. Well worth it to me to add to the "collection." ::nod::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

My 118 tip up, four spacer made it here last week - group shot with my other Buck 118 Personal variations. OH
Attachments
E840DF29-F723-4866-9865-957889E93AF0.jpeg
1F05D455-72A2-44E5-802A-B67E139234D9.jpeg
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Here's my "new" 112 from the great EBay store. I got a great price on It and it's in pretty good condition. It's a 2 dot so that puts it in production in late 70's early 80's? Well my question is about the nail nick. I looked on the bay and discovered that some have them and some don't, even within this production period. This one doesn't have it and I kind of like it. Was there any reason why some do and some don't?
Attachments
20190803_090406_HDR.jpg
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
eveled

Post by eveled »

Just added this 105 Pathfinder to my stag set. All I need now is a stag 103 &120.
24F591F2-742F-47E5-8C6E-34FCD30E7A97.jpeg

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”