Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Dan In MI

Re: Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Post by Dan In MI »

KLJ77 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:14 pm Those nubs on the top back of the blade and the spring...do they cause a 'hot spot' when you're gripping or placing your thumb on them?
I would say they have great potential to do so. Since I don't often place my thumb in such a position, they probably wouldn't bug me much. Glad you enjoyed the video, and thanks for watching!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Steamboat Willie »

I added three to the fleet with one click. Stumbled across listing on eBay for three knives in unboxed but unused condition. Less than $100 for the pile, I couldn’t resist.

I’d been thinking about a 119 for a long time. Now I can think about something else.

I’d never buy a Decatur on its own, being Chinese made, but since it was included I’ll give it a spin.

And 110s are like potato chips, you can always have one more!
Attachments
43F9322C-773D-4155-9103-2901220387C6.jpeg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Steamboat Willie wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:54 am I added three to the fleet with one click. Stumbled across listing on eBay for three knives in unboxed but unused condition. Less than $100 for the pile, I couldn’t resist.

I’d been thinking about a 119 for a long time. Now I can think about something else.

I’d never buy a Decatur on its own, being Chinese made, but since it was included I’ll give it a spin.

And 110s are like potato chips, you can always have one more!
Congrats!! ::handshake:: Nice line-up!!! ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Willie, that would’ve been a hard deal to pass up - nice couple of Buck Knives. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

jmh58 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:52 am Congrats!! ::handshake:: Nice line-up!!! ::tu::
Old Hunter wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:04 pm Willie, that would’ve been a hard deal to pass up - nice couple of Buck Knives. OH
I thought about it long and hard. For about one and a half seconds! :mrgreen:
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

My new Buck 500 with it's second cousin. I've wanted one for a while so ordered it from Copper & Clad. I gotta say I'm not really impressed. I'm used to a 110 or 112 so the 500 seems a bit less sturdy? I know it's not but that's the impression it gives me. It is nicely finished so I'll use it for dress...but I never dress up!
Attachments
20210611_064049_HDR.jpg
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Byrd wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:57 am My new Buck 500 with it's second cousin. I've wanted one for a while so ordered it from Copper & Clad. I gotta say I'm not really impressed. I'm used to a 110 or 112 so the 500 seems a bit less sturdy? I know it's not but that's the impression it gives me. It is nicely finished so I'll use it for dress...but I never dress up!
Good looking 500.

I recently got my first 500 and I can understand your impressions. It's a great knife and very well made but the standard 112 blows it away. The in-hand feel is no contest. I like my 500 and I would probably love it if I didn't have a few 112's to compare it to.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Azretired

Post by Azretired »

I just ordered a LNIB 110 LT off Ebay, should have it in a day or two.Why,because I don't have one and they use a real 110 blade unlike the new 110/112 light weight models.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

The Compadre.....Why? Well, just look at 'er! ;-)
Attachments
20210610_125453.jpg
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Nice BUCK pick-ups ALL !!! ::tu:: 8) ::tu::

Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Jtx »

This is one of my Father's Day gifts today. Buck Langford flipper.
Attachments
IMG_3648.jpeg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Jtx wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:52 pm This is one of my Father's Day gifts today. Buck Langford flipper.
::tu:: 8) ::tu:: Nice one Lee!!! How do you like it so far???

Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Jtx »

jmh58 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:23 am
Jtx wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:52 pm This is one of my Father's Day gifts today. Buck Langford flipper.
::tu:: 8) ::tu:: Nice one Lee!!! How do you like it so far???
Hi John. I really like this knife. It is a little over 4" closed and has G10 handles. Not sure what the blade steel is, but it is very sharp. The flipper action is really good.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

TripleF wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:11 am The Compadre.....Why? Well, just look at 'er! ;-)
Nice Scott. How do you like it so far? Been on any adventures with it? OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Old Hunter wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:42 am
TripleF wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:11 am The Compadre.....Why? Well, just look at 'er! ;-)
Nice Scott. How do you like it so far? Been on any adventures with it? OH
I love it, but I'm partial. Carries nice. Works like a Buck Knife. Other than an axe I made this today and used this knife...
Attachments
20210629_144126.jpg
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I like the looks of that compadre!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Buck Casey

Post by Buck Casey »

Don't have photos but, I just bought a new 301 rosewood to replace the one I gave to the TSA a couple years ago. My daughter and SIL gave it to me so I wanted to replace it. In looking for the replacement I bought a 303 rosewood too. Then I read about Buck and how they started and I had to have a 110. I have a Buck skinner398. I also bought a Walmart canoe( Hey,I like it to carry it)
Next I would like to get a 55 and a 119.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

👍😎👍
John ✌️

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Buck 112 Drop Point. Indigo Blue and 420HC steel. Nickel Silver frame. This was a Copper and Clad Exclusive but I bought it elsewhere.
Attachments
IMG_6005.JPG
IMG_6006.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Railsplitter wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:36 pm Buck 112 Drop Point. Indigo Blue and 420HC steel. Nickel Silver frame. This was a Copper and Clad Exclusive but I bought it elsewhere.
::tu:: ::tu::
Mike
rustof

Post by rustof »

Very nice 112. I don't want to know how much it costs because I already know the SFO's are too pricey for me!

I just got these in. They were in a bundle and I paid more than I would have liked but really wanted to get into the 500 series and for the price of one brand new one from Buck I got these 3 plus the 305 folder and a 180 crosslock too.

And it turns out I really like the 501. Its just a slim knife but you get alot of blade in your pocket. But that being said I love the 503 and 505 as well. Definitely prefer the older ss bolsters though. As well as that old english script on the tang stamp. I also have the Schrade LB series knives and the 505 lines up with the LB-3 very well (and slimmer to boot) and is a better knife in my opinion. And the 501 is about the same size as the LB-5 and again I prefer it over the Schrade. I guess it makes sense as I also prefer the 110 over the LB-7 but they are all very good knives.

I have a question on the the 305 Lancer though. It looks like one that Buck would have made themselves (not a camillus contract) but there is no date stamp. Would this indicate a 1985 knife? (as I thought all Buck 1986 and up were dated and I've read that Buck assumed production of the 305 in late 85) The "BUCK" script inlay shield would be correct, as well as the lack of scale pins, but I've not seen another with those features but no date code.
Attachments
10744428154121corj.JPG
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Very nice Rustof ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
bertl

Post by bertl »

"I have a question on the the 305 Lancer though. It looks like one that Buck would have made themselves (not a camillus contract) but there is no date stamp. Would this indicate a 1985 knife?"

Rustof, you are correct. That is the first version produced by Buck in 1985.

Bert
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Found a low mileage 701 last Saturday morning at a yard sale. Obviously used very little, and for $4 I couldn’t go wrong. Clearly they didn’t put much thought into what they were selling!
Attachments
ED42B3F1-6DCE-4287-8B7B-D08F090D21CF.jpeg
06465CD4-3423-42B4-A4F0-C2C6E16F8A9E.jpeg
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Wow, Willie...you picked up a very nice 701 Mustang. For a knife that went out of production in 2001, that one is in GREAT condition. I agree...the sellers didn't know what they had. This knife is selling now between $90.00 0 $110.00. A very nice pick up for $4. ::tu:: You are a yard sale winner!

Congrats on procuring a fine knife.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”