Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks, Syd & Mike,

Keep an eye out on ebay...lots of members sell their BCCI knives, albeit, everyone I've seen has their BCCI member # engraved on the blade.

Nice looking Bucks, Mike. You picked up some beauties. ::tu::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

Walked into local pawnshop this morning and came out with a like-new Buck 703 Colt stockman. $10, no tax! Looks unused, blades have factory edges, all tight and have hard snap. Old English script "Buck" on the tang. Hardly ever see these that aren't worn out = I was on it like a chicken on a junebug!!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

👍👏👍
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Holy cow. That's a steal ::tu::
Mike
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

703 is a good sturdy stockman ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_1381.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Azretired

Post by Azretired »

My newest Buck is a 112 Slim. Why ? It was on sale and I couldn’t resist.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Azretired wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:55 am My newest Buck is a 112 Slim. Why ? It was on sale and I couldn’t resist.
::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu::
John :D

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

An estate sale find:

1989 Buck 110V w/Ebony Macassar handles. Still has factory edge/SHARP! Was kept in sheath, so bolsters have rub marks on them that won't come off, albeit, the bolsters did clean up fairly well. They were covered with green verdigris and the inside of the sheath had to be cleaned up due to same. Other than that...a nice addition to the Buck accumulation.
Attachments
DSCF3494.JPG
DSCF3497.JPG
DSCF3498.JPG
DSCF3503.JPG
DSCF3501.JPG
DSCF3505.JPG
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Nice LJ. 🙏 Send it to Buck for a SPA. Will come back looking new. 😉
John ✌️

Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Nice LJ. Keep checking though, once the verdigris gets established in a sheath it seems to keep coming back. I’ve gone to wrapping the clean knife in wax paper and then sticking it back into the sheath for long-term storage. That has worked so far. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks, OH...I've never thought of using wax paper to wrap knives in. ::tu:: ::handshake:: I'll get that done right now.
LJ

leewiggins63

Post by leewiggins63 »

Good Morning from Phoenix,
I picked this up at an estate sale yesterday for $50 bucks. Not a collector, but thought it was worth $50. Made in 1989 from what I can tell, V on the knife blade. Also, on opposite side of blade 164/1000. Perfect condition. Any ideas about the knife or what it might be worth? Appreciate any feedback that I can get. Thanks.
20210213_050659-picsay.jpg
20210213_050716.jpg
20210213_050756.jpg
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Greetings, Lee, Welcome to AAPK. Hope you stick around and join in.

Your Buck 110 is a Limited Edition series and more than likely, the gold etching was done by Aurum Etching...a well renowned artistic company who has done a lot of work for Buck. Your "deer jumping over log" knife is just one design of the wildlife series buck did. Some others involve Turkeys, some Bass / Trout, Ducks, etc., etc. You have a very low # LE knife that appears to be in very nice condition, if not NM - M. You also got a GREAT deal on this knife for $50.

If you conduct a search on ebay about your knife, you may find some others that have a price range. I saw that the "turkey" gold etched 110 was listed from $200 - $300, but that doesn't mean you'll get those kind of prices if you're looking to sell...or, maybe you would. ::shrug:: I didn't find anything else about your knife, so good luck in whatever direction you decide to go. It's a very nice collectible.
LJ

Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Nothing fancy or custom, but the hits just keep coming anyway. 1993 #813 Workman, (daughter's birth year), that came with a Maglite double sheath, which fits this knife or even a #110, so that's cool. Also a 2014, (grandson's birth year), #501 in original sheath. Both knives are pristine and seemingly seldom if ever used or sharpened. Obviously I'm a sucker for birth year knives. I'd get one from my birth year but knives hadn't been invented yet so no cigar there.
Attachments
813b.jpg
813a.jpg
501.jpg
BCCI Member #2863
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

👍😎👍
John ✌️

leewiggins63

Post by leewiggins63 »

KLJ77 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:30 pm Greetings, Lee, Welcome to AAPK. Hope you stick around and join in.

Thanks LF, I will hang around. Are most of the limited editions in 1000 piece runs? I did an exhaustive search only found one on a site called worthpoint.com and they want you to sign up to their site to see the sale price. I assumed that it might be fairly rare because of the 1000 piece run. Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably add it to the decor in my RV. Although, I would sell it if I found a sale to compare it to.

Lee
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Lee,

No, Buck does a myriad of different Limited Editions. Some may be a run of 100, 200, 500, 1000, 3000, and as high as 5000, depending on the model of knife being offered. Nevertheless, your 164 / 1000 is nothing to spit at. I have no doubt that; if you were to find the right person, you could triple your money on your LE.
LJ

Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

leewiggins63 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:02 pm
KLJ77 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:30 pm Greetings, Lee, Welcome to AAPK. Hope you stick around and join in.

Thanks LF, I will hang around. Are most of the limited editions in 1000 piece runs? I did an exhaustive search only found one on a site called worthpoint.com and they want you to sign up to their site to see the sale price. I assumed that it might be fairly rare because of the 1000 piece run. Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably add it to the decor in my RV. Although, I would sell it if I found a sale to compare it to.

Lee
The best way to determine a knife's value, is to do a "Completed Listings" search on ebay. Just search the model you want to investigate, then when results come up scroll down to the bottom left side of that page to a small box that says "completed listings" and click on that. Results listed in green are those that the knife actually sold for in the real world. Never ever believe a Buy It Now price on ebay as a source for price points, those are professional sellers who think they know what a particular knife is worth, but they don't actually know much of anything but want you to think they do, they are most often way too high than reality.
BCCI Member #2863
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Baykeeper wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:25 am

Lee
The best way to determine a knife's value, is to do a "Completed Listings" search on ebay. Just search the model you want to investigate, then when results come up scroll down to the bottom left side of that page to a small box that says "completed listings" and click on that. Results listed in green are those that the knife actually sold for in the real world. Never ever believe a Buy It Now price on ebay as a source for price points, those are professional sellers who think they know what a particular knife is worth, but they don't actually know much of anything but want you to think they do, they are most often way too high than reality.
BCCI Member #2863
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Baykeeper wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:26 am
Baykeeper wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:25 am
BCCI Member #2863
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Quite a new addition(s) today. I missed getting a Buck #101 Hunter fixed blade, other than the #101 Fixed Blade BCCI Club Knife with Carbon Fiber Swirl Handles and S30V steel I have, but I wanted a "user" version. I emailed Buck and asked whether they were going to make any more #101's or the #111 Folding Hunter. They responded that those models were not in their immediate plans, and since I had missed getting a #101 from Buck at the BCCI price, I found then available at Copper and Clad, where they had one left in stock so I grabbed it. I also noticed they had one of their Buck exclusives, a #111 Folding Hunter with Sloped Brass Bolsters, Rosewood Handles and Stone Washed 420hc Drop Point Blade so I grabbed that too. I found out later that I got the only remaining knife so those are gone now too. The #101 might be available elsewhere, but neither Buck or C and C have them now, and they won't be coming back any time soon according to Buck. I didn't start out to get the last of the last anything, I was just responding to that irresistible addictive urge to buy more Buck knives, but fate rewarded me with these, (my credit card has run away from home because of this, but it will return when it gets hungry). I love the #111 by the way, now that's a cool Folding Hunter if you ask me. The #101 has Crelicam Ebony Handles and regular 420hc steel, but I think they make for a cool fixed blade. Both came with stock Buck Black Leather Sheaths. Why? Take a look at the photos and you'll see why.
Attachments
New2.jpg
New3.jpg
BCCI Member #2863
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

BayKeeper,

Those are two GREAT additions that are hard to come by. Glad you were able to find them and pick them up. ::tu:: Back in February 2019, I had the opportunity to snatch up a Custom Buck 111 folder, 1 of 250, w/Serial # 111, (0111LM/SSP1-R) 05/13/2008 for $155.00. I got lucky on that one. In April of 2019, I was able to add the 101 to my collection. It was a President's Tour LE and has been signed by CJ & Lori Buck.
LJ

Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Nice ::tu::

I just picked up a 112 charcoal, drop point, 5160 from C&C:
112 5160 6.JPG
Mike
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thats my next Ranger ::tu:: ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

KLJ77 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:42 am BayKeeper,

Those are two GREAT additions that are hard to come by. Glad you were able to find them and pick them up. ::tu:: Back in February 2019, I had the opportunity to snatch up a Custom Buck 111 folder, 1 of 250, w/Serial # 111, (0111LM/SSP1-R) 05/13/2008 for $155.00. I got lucky on that one. In April of 2019, I was able to add the 101 to my collection. It was a President's Tour LE and has been signed by CJ & Lori Buck.
Thanks, that #111 is truly a looker, sorry I spent the money but oh so happy I did, I will be hesitant to use it but that's why I bought it. I also am posting a comparison photo of both my #101's, the BCCI Club Knife is the one with two bolsters, swirly Carbon Fiber handles, S35V steel, (listed incorrectly above as S30V), but I think the reason I like the stock version so much is the lack of a back bolster, that gives it a distinctive look. I think the BCCI knife will be going in for a SPA treatment soon, even though it has never been used. It has been out on display for a couple of years so it has some tarnish on the bolsters that I can't seem to polish out by hand, I am sure Buck will be able to do that though.
Attachments
101's.jpg
BCCI Member #2863

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”