Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Jacknifeben

Re: Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Post by Jacknifeben »

Thanks, first I had seen in that pattern.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

503 with Elk Stag handles from the Custom Shop.
IMG_5135.JPG
IMG_5139.JPG
IMG_5141.JPG
IMG_5142.JPG
IMG_5140.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

My Buck family is very small, just 3 with this recent addition. Chose it for its lightness, sharp blade, and good looks.
Attachments
P1030477 (2).JPG
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Rick, beautiful stag handles on (IMO) the perfect size gents knife - big enough to do the job and small enough to pocket easily but with the best scales - great knife! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

QS, hard to beat the lightweight Buck's - I really like them for fishing knives. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I just ordered a custom SpitFire in WVU Let's go Mountaineers colors. Can't wait to see how this knife looks in hand. ::groove::
Attachments
Screenshot_20191011-063412.png
Screenshot_20191011-063427.png
Screenshot_20191011-063438.png
Screenshot_20191011-063514.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Saw the ad for the customized Bucks yesterday. Interesting idea. Please post photos when your knife arrives.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Nice Custom ya got coming!! ::tu:: Pics when it comes!!! ::nod::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

QS looks like a very practical little knife. ::tu::

Rick T. that is a gorgeous knife. I'm kind of partial to those elk covers. ::tu::
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Old Hunter wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:39 am Rick, beautiful stag handles on (IMO) the perfect size gents knife - big enough to do the job and small enough to pocket easily but with the best scales - great knife! OH
doglegg wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:48 pm QS looks like a very practical little knife. ::tu::

Rick T. that is a gorgeous knife. I'm kind of partial to those elk covers. ::tu::
Thanks guys!
Rick T.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:40 am I just ordered a custom SpitFire in WVU Let's go Mountaineers colors. Can't wait to see how this knife looks in hand. ::groove::
John, I don't know how many 722 Spitfires you have/have had but it's my favorite Buck folder. Yes (for me) it even eclipses the ubiquitous Buck 110. I have/have had several 722 Spitfires and 721 Slimlines (SFO for Wal-Mart - same knife with some subtle differences). Be sure to post pictures when you get it.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:54 am John, I don't know how many 722 Spitfires you have/have had but it's my favorite Buck folder. Yes (for me) it even eclipses the ubiquitous Buck 110. I have/have had several 722 Spitfires and 721 Slimlines (SFO for Wal-Mart - same knife with some subtle differences). Be sure to post pictures when you get it.
Hmmm.......that's a pretty good endorsement. Might have to try one myself when funds permit.
Rick T.

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:54 am
1967redrider wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:40 am I just ordered a custom SpitFire in WVU Let's go Mountaineers colors. Can't wait to see how this knife looks in hand. ::groove::
John, I don't know how many 722 Spitfires you have/have had but it's my favorite Buck folder. Yes (for me) it even eclipses the ubiquitous Buck 110. I have/have had several 722 Spitfires and 721 Slimlines (SFO for Wal-Mart - same knife with some subtle differences). Be sure to post pictures when you get it.
Thanks for the info, Jerry! Pictures will be forthcoming. ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

722 & 721-Walmart comparison shot. As I said, subtle differences. The handles are shaped slightly differently and the 722 Spitfire blade has a Swedge where the 721-Walmart does not.
Attachments
Buck 722 Spitfire & Slimline Green - Labeled - Paired.JPG
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Don’t know if you are still collecting variations JerryD but yesterday I was in Academy Sports - they had a Buck 722 with a black handle and a red, Ceracoted blade. OH
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Colonel, they have dropped several variations into the market lately. (red, blue, yellow and black) It's tempting but they're also asking almost double what they got for the original grey, green and orange editions. For cryin' out loud! It's just a different color of anodizing. :x
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I know what you mean, I don’t keep up with the pricing on that model but it was around $50 (a bit more maybe) and I wondered if that wasn’t a steep price jump. OH
Ps. I dropped your handle “JerryD” in a Blade Forums thread on the Camillus 72 - those boys are hoping you will drop by with some answers.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Old Hunter wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:04 am I know what you mean, I don’t keep up with the pricing on that model but it was around $50 (a bit more maybe) and I wondered if that wasn’t a steep price jump. OH
Ps. I dropped your handle “JerryD” in a Blade Forums thread on the Camillus 72 - those boys are hoping you will drop by with some answers.
Couldn't find it. You have a URL?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thanks Colonel. Posted my 2¢ worth.

I noticed I joined BF on Dec 28, 2006 and only have 215 posts. I guess it's pretty obvious what forum I prefer. :lol:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Thanks for helping those fellows out. I know I rarely see you there. I enjoy both knife communities, different folks mostly and different on-line cultures - I seem to fit into both okay. Not new, but worth a look - carrying my 2018 Blade Forums Buck Club knife today. OH
Attachments
05E6BE0D-E586-4F78-A7B3-815EABF8A0F0.jpeg
22B7B9E6-43A2-4526-85A1-D28399CDE3EC.jpeg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Glad I could be of some help.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Old Hunter wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:29 pm Thanks for helping those fellows out. I know I rarely see you there. I enjoy both knife communities, different folks mostly and different on-line cultures - I seem to fit into both okay. Not new, but worth a look - carrying my 2018 Blade Forums Buck Club knife today. OH
That's a nice one OH!
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

This Buck Wrangler 307 arrived in the mail today. Use to look at them in the catalogs back in the day and always wanted one but never got around to it till now. Guess its better late than never. It's a real hand full. :D
Attachments
IMG_9757.JPG
David
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

DM11 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:17 am This Buck Wrangler 307 arrived in the mail today. Use to look at them in the catalogs back in the day and always wanted one but never got around to it till now. Guess its better late than never. It's a real hand full. :D
I love Jumbo Stockmen! Trapper-size main blade, but the selection I'm used to with the Stockman. Maybe Buck will make one again while they're in the process of ditching the 7XX knives and retooling the 3XX series. Been looking for a 307 for a while myself, but most either look like they've seen a lot of wear and tear, or are pricey. I don't have one made in America, however. I have a German Buck Creek and a Chinese Rough Rider. Currently, the Case 75 pattern is looking like my most reasonable option.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”