Buck Custom 145/250 in Display Case - Identification Assistance Pls

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Amanda_Rae

Buck Custom 145/250 in Display Case - Identification Assistance Pls

Post by Amanda_Rae »

Hi all,

I have recently acquired a gorgeous Buck Custom Folder in a display case that I can't seem to find any information on.

The guy I got it from at a gun show knew absolutely nothing about it; I really liked the quality and material so I bought it anyway. I always seem to like a nice research project....well, I cannot find anything similar online and resorted in emailing Buck History, its only been a week and no reply, but I thought I would reach out to a few forums I am a member of; hopefully someone is familiar with this model/custom run and can shed some light on my find.

More details:
Folder numbered 145/250
Overall Length is approximately 8.75" with 3.5" blade
The tank is stamped with BUCK, an anvil, CUSTOM, USA (in the pictures I accidentally cropped out the USA but its there ;-)

It appears to be burl wood scales with red liners and custom pins. I cant tell what type of material the bolsters are, but they have a touch of color to them almost like oil on water.

Any information is appreciated. Also, if I am in the wrong section of the forums please feel free to move this thread.

Cheers, Amanda

Here is a link to my photobucket album if the pictures are not visible to you...
http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Amanda ... %20145-250

Below are photos from my AAPK Galery of this knife, I hope you can see them

TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Buck Custom 145/250 in Display Case - Identification Assistance Pls

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I don't know anything about it, but it is beautiful!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Amanda_Rae

Post by Amanda_Rae »

Thank you, I am proud of my find :-)

I took a few more photos in the sunlight on my lunch hour today.

10531 10532
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Amanda, first welcome to AAPK and to the Buck sub-forum at AAPK - like you we love Buck Knives here! What you have is one of the literally hundreds of variations of the Buck 110 Folding Hunter. Besides the standard models there have been numerous special editions in the standard line (DU, NRA, SMKW, etc.), and from the Buck Custom Shop, and from another category called a "build out". For more information you can check out the Buck Collectors Club (BCCI) - you can join for $10/year and have access to every newsletter ever published by them via the internet. That is a very nice knife, congratulations on your find. OH

http://buckcollectorsclub.org/
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Welcome Amanda.. And that BUCK is FINE!!! ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Amanda_Rae

Post by Amanda_Rae »

Thank you guys for the replies. I will have to give that Buck collectors club some consideration. I only have a handful of Bucks right now, but the ones I do have I like a great deal and enjoy learning as much as I can about them.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”