How do you carry the 301?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: How do you carry the 301?

Postby Colonel26 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:06 pm

LFP = 4"-4 1/2" pocket knife and a can of Copenhagen.
RFP = SAK Spartan and keys with a Spyderco Military clipped to the pocket.
IWB = Commander size 1911 45 acp

I've never worried about printing, just wear looser britches it it bothers you. Me, I live for that moment some one says, "hey, you don't happen to have a ....... do you?" "Why yes I do!", says I!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

jmh58
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jmh58 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:03 pm

RFP.. Today!!! ::tu:: 8) John :D
..a great rabbit chase ends with a BANG!!

Son.. You need to get off the front porch once in a while!!

Not all who wander are lost!!!

All it takes is a little bit of sharp!!

deltaboy

Postby deltaboy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:29 am

In my right hand pocket!
Keep Near the Cross.

cody6268

Postby cody6268 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:49 pm

Usually, I just dump it in my pocket (aside from the fact my 301 is a shelf queen due to it advertising a local quarry, but I do regularly carry a 303) but most large and jumbo Stockmen just go in the front left pocket. If it weren't for the cost (3 times what my Mexican-made belts from a local farm supply store have cost then add in $15 shipping), I'd buy one of these belts. The pouch measurement of 8 centimeters by 2 centimeters would roughly equate to 4"x1" which is around the same size as a 4" Stockman. With it, I'd have no worry about having a sheath slide off when my pants are hanging up on the over-the door hook in my room.

https://www.australiangear.com/akubra-l ... pouch.html

Oldwolf

Postby Oldwolf » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:37 am

That's a very neat belt and a great solution to carrying the 301.

I have discovered that the 301 fits, a bit tightly though, in the watch pocket of my Lee jeans.

300Bucks

Postby 300Bucks » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:27 am

I have written of this in one of the 'other' forums. I principally took a leather slip, like the one shown above, and punched a hole in it and used my old Boy Scout skills and braided a lanyard into a loop that fit over your belt and the slip hung in your pocket at just the right height to stay against the hem side of your pocket, not on your bragging side. For many a year I carried a Buck slippy, usually a 303, in my uniform jeans watch pocket. I never needed a bigger knife to fight off grizzly bears or hack down trees. But all things change and we went up-scale and wore lighter weight cargo type pants with deep pockets and no watch pocket. Used the same method, until I was drawn in by the dark side and started carrying a Vantage with a clip. I retired and found my favorite pants to be the khaki "fisherman" pants with plenty of pockets. I took needle and thread in hand and as the pockets were loose and not sewn to pant legs, I made a pocket against the hem side of the pocket just long enough to hold the knife under the hem.
the only problem I saw was that it would fall out if I stood on my head and I cured that by never standing on my head again. 300Bucks ::huff::

UnderDawgAl

Postby UnderDawgAl » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:54 am

300Bucks wrote:The only problem I saw was that it would fall out if I stood on my head and I cured that by never standing on my head again. 300Bucks ::huff::

Nice post all the way around, but the closer was the best.

jmh58
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jmh58 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:11 pm

jmh58 wrote:RFP.. Today!!! ::tu:: 8) John :D

jmh58
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jmh58 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:21 pm

jmh58 wrote:RFP.. Today!!! ::tu:: 8) John :D

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”