NEW BUCKS

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

NEW BUCKS

Post by Quick Steel »

In case some of you Buck collectors are not yet familiar with these new models thought to give you a heads up. They are good looking; unfortunately, I could not figure out how to transfer the photo.

Buck Knives unveiled its new 110 and 112 Slim Pro -- updated versions of the classic heavy-duty, lock-back folding hunting knives that were extremely popular in the 1980s and still retain their status today among hunters.

"We have modernized it a little bit, added some new materials and made it a bit thinner and added a pocket clip," said Justen Bock, product development and engineering manager at Buck Knives.

Both knives feature S30V blades and thin handles in black G10 or brown and green micarta. The 110 has a 3.75-inch blade, while the blade length on the 112 is 3 inches.

Both knives are much lighter than the original versions. The 110 weighs 3.4 ounces compared to the original 110's 7.2 ounces. The 112 is 2.6 ounces compared to the original's 5.6 ounces.
XX Case XX

Re: NEW BUCKS

Post by XX Case XX »

Are these them?

0112ODS6-B.jpg
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Those look like them.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Me likey long time
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

The two screws,are they for pocket clips??
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

garddogg56 wrote:The two screws,are they for pocket clips??
Yep. I do like the looks and steel. Reviews are kind of mixed on this knife.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

I would like to handle the 110 and 112.. :wink:
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

If these 2 knives replace the long time, well known 110 and 112, i think it is a MISTAKE.
Anyone even vaguely familiar with knives can recognize a Buck 110. It is the origin of the term "Buck knife" to encompass about every large folding knife. Buck 110 and 112 have well established brand recognition and appreciation.
These new designs are more generic and look similar to many other available knives, USA made and from China. They are not immediately recognizable as Buck knives and i think sales will suffer.
kj
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here’s another new one from Buck - at least it’s the first time I’ve seen it. “Silver Script” is what Case calls it.

Ken
Attachments
5F8F0C87-D55D-4D02-BE03-3A9D749BBF92.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

kootenay joe wrote:If these 2 knives replace the long time, well known 110 and 112, i think it is a MISTAKE.
Anyone even vaguely familiar with knives can recognize a Buck 110. It is the origin of the term "Buck knife" to encompass about every large folding knife. Buck 110 and 112 have well established brand recognition and appreciation.
These new designs are more generic and look similar to many other available knives, USA made and from China. They are not immediately recognizable as Buck knives and i think sales will suffer.
kj
I dont believe the original 110/112 will ever be replaced.. I do believe these are just a variation/addition to the 110/112 line.. No more or less!! ::nod::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Another new move by Buck is that the standard 110's and 112's will now be made with solid Ebony Wood handles instead of the laminated Dymondwood walnut or whatever it was.

There will be no price increase according to the email that Buck sent out on the subject.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

O.K., sorry i thought these 2 new patterns would be replacing the well known 110 and 112. Glad to learn they are in addition to the 110 and 112.
kj
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

The light weight 110 and 112 options and approximate prices are:
LT nylon handle & 420HC with no pocket clip or thumb studs $27 & $25 (Walmart has the LT 110 for $20)
Slim Select adds thumb studs & pocket clip $30 & $27
Slim Pro Micarta handle & S30V with pocket clip & thumb studs $90 & $80

These knives all loose an important feature that made the 110 a better belt pouch work knife than nearly all the similar size single blade folders on the market when it was introduced, a handle as thick as 2 blade Folding Hunters. There were already plenty of single blade lock backs. The 110's thickness made it more comfortable to use and gave the perception of strength. My early 1980s Buck 422 is essentially a light weight 112. I prefer it because Its handle retains the thickness of an original 112.

To this old curmudgeon the more significant new offering is the Custom shop has restored stag as an option on Custom 110s and 112s.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Hey MSJ, thanks for explaining all that. It's a big help to me and i am sure many others as well.
kj

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”