Buck 810.

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
cody6268

Buck 810.

Post by cody6268 »

Any thoughts on the 810 TLC (Tile, Linoleum, Carpet) knife? I think it will be a good choice for heavy use, like cutting brush and the like. And definitely easy to clean. So far, it seems to be the only decent one with that blade style and rubber handle. Harbor Freight sells what is basically a knockoff of the 810, but the steel is no good.
XX Case XX

Re: Buck 810.

Post by XX Case XX »

I had to look up Buck 810 as I didn't know what it was. When I did an internet search, I found one at an online auction. When I went to that site, it said that the knife had been removed. I wonder why. It doesn't appear to be a prohibited item. Strange.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
OleBuck

Post by OleBuck »

These were in the Buck catalog in the 90's as part of their WorkMan product line.
These are the variations I can recall off the top of my head.
Serrated and not serrated.
Two slightly different handle shapes
Colors, gray, black, and a scarce red version for Snap-On.
Packaged in either a box or a clampack.
The handles are made of Kraton and were offered both with and without a sheath.
As to my thoughts about it, I have one on the workbench ( and several in the collection)..it's handy.
I prefer the non serrated version, it functions better as a knife than a saw and the partial serrations
are in the sweet part of the blade where you would normally want to use for sharp edge cuting.
Same complaint applies to any small partially serrated blade. Not that serrations are not useful for some
purposes but prefer a 2 blade format with a choice. Partially serrated blades are good at neither.
Bucksway

Post by Bucksway »

I have a 112 I received from my Brother David with that blade. At the right angle you can see the Ghost of the Workman pad print. I have never actually used it but it's a odd 112 for sure! Leroy Reamer did the work..

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”