112 Two Dot!

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Byrd

112 Two Dot!

Post by Byrd »

I just got this from EBay a few days ago. Two Dot 112. Only paid $21 shipped for it, which I think it a great deal!I've cleaned it up, used scotch brite to get the scratches out of the blade and am working on the brass now.

The blade was nicked up and it took a while to stone them out and put an edge on it. Questions; what steel is this from that time period and what is that grind? Most of the scratches were there because the previous owner sharpened it improperly.

I could be a convert! I've been carrying 110's for years but this is much easier to pack!
Attachments
20190807_091416_HDR.jpg
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
XX Case XX

Re: 112 Two Dot!

Post by XX Case XX »

Do you have any "Before" photos? Looks like you did a very nice job. ::nod:: ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

No I don't. I thought of before pictures after I posted this... ::dang::
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

For the price of $21 shipped, that's a steal. American made quality at a super price. Can't beat it. ::tu:: ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Hey Byrd your going to love that knife,440c blades hold there edge.BTW thats what I paid for my .112. Back in 1974 :wink: and I still use it at work..
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

They've gone up significantly since then! I already love it. I've carried a 110 for years and am surprised at how easily the 112 carries. I got the old loop sheath with it as well and it rides lower than the new strap type. It took a while to put an edge on it but it's shaving sharp now. I'm excited to use it!

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”