My new fake Buck

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Byrd

My new fake Buck

Post by Byrd »

Just got this in a lot off EBay. I thought it was a Vanguard and the pictures were poor...I doubt the seller knew because he only had 6 sales and all his stuff was nick knacks. Lesson learned I guess.
Attachments
20190905_140304_HDR.jpg
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
tallguy606

Re: My new fake Buck

Post by tallguy606 »

I avoid Ebay since it's so hard to tell fakes from real items, unless sharp closeup photos of tang stamps, etc are provided. I got burned recently on a Chinese Shrade I could have sworn was Shrade USA. Done with Ebay in most cases.
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Understand! The pictures of the lot I bought were all together and dummy me I just assumed it was a Buck. I've been wanting a Vanguard too. I messaged the seller and told him it was fake so I'll see what happens.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Sorry to hear that Byrd. Hopefully you can get at least a partial refund. I found this one on eBay in case you're interested. Seems to be genuine and appears to be in good shape.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buck-USA-692-V ... %7Ciid%3A1

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Thanks for the link Mike. I've contested this with EBay so I'm going to see how they respond. I contacted the seller and his reply was "It says Buck so it's a.Buck."
kossetx

Post by kossetx »

Byrd wrote:Thanks for the link Mike. I've contested this with EBay so I'm going to see how they respond. I contacted the seller and his reply was "It says Buck so it's a.Buck."
If that was their response, they knew.
Where Bob Wills is still the King...
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Yep! Just waiting on EBay to respond.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Byrd wrote:Yep! Just waiting on EBay to respond.
Please let us know what they say. I'd like to see where this goes.

_________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

Byrd

Post by Byrd »

I requested a refund & return from EBay, and the seller offered $5 back! I declined. Just now I got an Email from EBay that my full purchase price plus shipping has be refunded. I guess EBay does protect their buyers. The sad thing is that they'll end up right back on the bay.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Byrd wrote:I requested a refund & return from EBay, and the seller offered $5 back! I declined. Just now I got an Email from EBay that my full purchase price plus shipping has be refunded. I guess EBay does protect their buyers. The sad thing is that they'll end up right back on the bay.
Glad you're getting a refund. Thanks for letting us know. Hope you can find a real Vanguard within your budget range. ::nod::

Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Thanks Mike. I didn't expect it and was going to destroy the knife on principle. The hunt will continue!

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”