Whittler's Kit

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Sundog Knives

Whittler's Kit

Post by Sundog Knives »

Picked up this set recently -- Buck Whittler's Kit from c. 1987, ref. no. 14300 with knife, stone, honing oil and woods and pamphlet/how to guide.

Neat little set. Wonder how many survived new 30 years later.
Whittler's Set knife out .jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Whittler's Kit

Post by doglegg »

What a great little find Ed. And complete! Congrats. ::tu:: ::nod:: ::handshake::
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

That is so cool. I wish something like this was still offered today. They would make great Christmas gifts. Is that the Buck 704 in the kit?
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Extra Cool. That's a great find. ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Sundog Knives

Post by Sundog Knives »

RevolverGuy wrote:That is so cool. I wish something like this was still offered today. They would make great Christmas gifts. Is that the Buck 704 in the kit?
Yes it is.
Buck704tangstamp.JPG
I removed it from the original case to snap a picture of it shown above, and the knife is smothered/surrounded by 30+ years of slightly cracking foam. I am amazed to come across a whittler's set that is like new in the box. I'll keep the set intact and unused.

Agree; they would make excellent gifts.

Additionally, as I compared it to my original post pictures it's evident I did not properly credit my friend Olde Cutler Jim whose excellent photography includes birds, space and knives of course.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”